cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

Re: Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

Cobra22nd..... just signed up for store here too. Item specifics are mostly burdensome and completely unnecessary in stamps category too. Title + description already has all the needed information! Why do I have to type it in or click on it a second time?????
Message 256 of 389
latest reply

Because this is eBay. LOL

Always a newbie!
Message 257 of 389
latest reply

irish049- Same concerns here too. I have listed in stamps since ebay started! Item specific requirements are mostly ridiculous and unnecessary. I have to check that every single stamp is "uncertified" ? Really? Most of course don't need it. All condition info is already given in either title or description so why do I have to supply that all over again with item specifics? Everything is now slowed down for exactly no benefit to the seller or the buyer. F, VF, XF, etc..... really..I need to check that? Look at the freaking picture and decide. Some new millennial employee at eBay has a "better" idea and trying to justify his job/salary I suspect.
Message 258 of 389
latest reply

My transaction volume is NOT correct. Very frustrating when your TRS is at stake. I’m up by over 500% as of today and this value remains the same. Smh. 

Mary Rickert
Message 259 of 389
latest reply

Trying to print a return label by clicking " Print Return Label ", getting redirected to " The request is now closed 

You asked eBay to step in and help on Nov 01, 2019. Customer support will review the information you provided and provide details on their decision within 48 hours. Please view the case detail for additional information. " No option to print return label. Please advise on how to proceed! 

Message 260 of 389
latest reply

I still have many items (if not all) where size is missing.
Message 261 of 389
latest reply

Is eBay even still reading this thread?

Message 262 of 389
latest reply

Hi, I keep trying to put items are sale, an all its doing is saying processing, its been like that for 2 days now, I tried to redo it again this morning but still the same, is eBay having problems with it.

Thanks

Message 263 of 389
latest reply

I seriously doubt it! 😞

Always a newbie!
Message 264 of 389
latest reply

I want to weigh in on the item specifics for sports trading cards. The required fields are not possible to fill out as they currently are.  I have sets of baseball and football cards that contain multiple teams and players. I can't fill out a single "player" and "team" for those kinds of cards. In fact I don't know of any sets of 300-700 cards that are just one team or one player.    It's ridiculous.

Message 265 of 389
latest reply

In Crafts > Needlecrafts & Yarn > Crochet & Knitting> Patterns the Item specifics for Wool Weight choices are British not North American. (They use different terminology). Also, under Brand, the brand name shown is McCall and the ACTUAL brand and spelling should be McCall’s.

Message 266 of 389
latest reply

IS issues with Women's blouse

• Fit: drop down menu of Athletic, Classic,  Extra Slim, Regular, Relaxed, Slim. This seems like it should be for a man shirt not a woman's blouse.
  • Occasion: dropdown menu includes Business, Work, Workwear. Which one is correct for a blouse a woman would wear to work? If I choose workwear and a buyer chooses work I am going to be excluded?  I realize the team is busy but if these IS are so critical to search than why haven't they been fixed yet. 
  • Please remove Vintage from every item. Vintage has its own section. 

IS issues with Jackets and coats

Please remove warmth weight, water resistant level, insulation material from the preowned jackets. I don't think you have this information with new coats but certainly not preowned. Sellers can add a custom specific for the few coats this may pertain to. Also outer shell material is the same as material which is in the additional section. They system keeps auto-populating words from my title and putting it model in my drafts. I delete it and it comes back when i open the draft.  Frustrating. 

I watched the FB ebay for business video on the update with Jeff Kafka from structured data.  He said,  as a reminder left hand navigation issues does not effect query searches and that is the majority of searches that take place on our site.  Can someone please explain why there is so much attention given to left hand navigation and IS if most searches are query? And how are IS helping buyers find our items? 

I did a search for a blouse I just listed and I purposely used athletic as the fit in IS to test whether it impacted search results. I did a query search with athletic as a keyword and search results didn't include my blouse. I took out athletic and it was included.  I will have to test this on more listings. 

Message 267 of 389
latest reply

Unfortunately the glitch remains today on November 1, 2019, as I just spoke with one of the nicest Representatives of EBay, and they are aware there are problems. We should also send Our Prayers out to California with the tragic fires. Please everyone should try to be patient. 

Our Family Sends Prayers Out To Those in California, during this time of horrendous fires. May Everyone Be Safe. 

There are early snow warning, when shipping also, please keep this in mind, and we should continue to Embrace a Wonderful Holiday Season, May everyone find joy, comfort, happiness and Blessings throughout. From Our Home to You and Yours.

Message 268 of 389
latest reply

October sales still incorrect in sales hub and not adding correctly as of November 1st..

Can you guys please get this fixed?

Causing a major waste of time having to add my sales manually !!!!

Message 269 of 389
latest reply

I can't add any new information to the "custom label" field unless I update things like skirt length, heel height. I use the custom field to give my inventory a specific location so it's easy to find when sold and I don't have time to add this info to every listing....the custom label field is crucial to my operations, can this be fixed?
Message 270 of 389
latest reply