cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales

I have been having issues with slow sales for the past 4 weeks. My sales are down about 60%. I have been selling for over 15 years, have approximately 1400 items listed and have continued to list on a daily basis - so NOTHING has changed on my end. For the past 2 days my sales have been ZERO. This has never happened before. I have spoken to Ebay on several occasions over the last 4 weeks with no resolve. Has anyone else experienced this? Would Ebay Technical Services PLEASE look at my store? I would love to speak to someone from TS - however, there is no way to do that anymore. Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: No Sales

Tricks are for circus clowns. That's ebays job to bring in sales . We supply the stock...ebay gets the customers. Duh

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

I am also beginning to question promoted listings. Sometimes I cannot even find my listing on the 1st are 2nd page. 

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

Agree. There is no technical glitch. Sales are slow. They always are this time of year. There’s way too much inventory in clothing. People need less when working from home. My traffic is fine but sales are slow. Researching sold items, it’s clear why: sellers are desperate and unloading items at a loss. My advice. given the years long decline in eBay profitability for sellers: stop buying inventory immediately. Liquidate much of what you have at or below cost. Downsize your ambitions for making money here

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Ebay as we have known it is forever changed.

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

hamadamasru
Adventurer

we are also have same problem !

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

I took off from EBAY for 6 months. I did this to ramp down due to the EBAY managed payments using your checking account. I had 6 sales prior from not doing EBAY. I noticed that the the payment facilitating cost were  higher than the PayPal fees and I also had to pay deposit overage fees to my bank.  I found a credit union that did not charge these fees to link my EBAY account with. It is also more time consuming to keep funding your PayPal account for my personal purchases. Before I just used money from my EBAY sales. It seems when EBAY makes changes it cost the sellers  to loose sales revenue due to new fees created throughout the years. I never agreed to the value fee on shipping and now I found out EBAY charges a value fee on taxes collected to be forwarded to the various states. When you inquire about how to increase sales the reply is to lower your price to match similar items even though those items are of less quality  than your item. EBAY needs to better support their sellers and put the site back too the user friendly system it was when first set up,

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

hello every one 

my sale is down i can not sell anything from 15 days 

can any one help me about it where is problem 

thank you 

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I know why the sales are down, folk ain't coming to buy on eBay that much anymore. It makes more sense than eBay trying to throttle and restrict sales, however if that's the case, then that's a problem. 

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

I think this Vaccine Mandate has made everyone nervous, whether they have had it or not, the threat of the mandate has put the whole market at unease.

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

Something is way off especially this weekend. I have no idea what is happening. Normally we get a lot of activity especially on the weekend. We have tons of new listings getting ready for Christmas. 

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Something is way off especially this weekend. I have no idea what is happening. Normally we get a lot of activity especially on the weekend. We have tons of new listings getting ready for Christmas. 

Yes, something is amiss @vintagecraze50 ... this is the second weekend in a row where I am not seeing the normal weekend activity ... weekend sales volumes are down to 1/4 to 1/3 of normal ...

On the month dollar volume is good but my Fall PLS campaign just ended 5 days ago, it was a good 30 day PL Campaign but not great ... again good but not great.

I don't sell a lot of seasonal stuff ... and LOL, the only Halloween type item I have is one of those 180 hour pumpkin candles that weighs a ton!!!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 41 of 44
latest reply

You got some great trains and train sets. Long ago I built my own little town on a huge table with HO trains. Made mountains with tunnels with paper machete. Loved putting together those kits with the theaters and other old style buildings. It’s a great hobby. Best to you on Christmas sales with those.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Our Sales also dropped drastically over the past six months. Previously did at least an item a day with $2000 and more per month. We think it is the inflation crisis. People can't pay for food, fuel, and other things, so they are not going to buy discretionary items off ebay.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

So sorry to hear you are having a difficult time as I am also in the same boat unfortunately. All the advice I have gotten on improving my listings and doing the promoted listings is appreciated but has had absolutely zero effect on the continuing lack of sales. Seems odd to me that ebay isn't more proactive with helping the sellers since they are the very lifeblood that keeps them in business but what do I know,I'm just a lowly small seller on the site.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply