cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Managing Store; Chose "Newly Listed" as display option

It seems that regardless of which display option I choose... my store will only display as "Best Match"

Doesn't matter if I clear my browser / cache... or choose one of the other display options... nothing works except "Best Match".  Is this now the only available option for our eBay Stores? (even though it appears to allow us to choose from a list of options; only one of which works)

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Issue with Managing Store; Chose "Newly Listed" as display option

I have always had my store set to Newly Listed, but it is also now set to Best Match. I can change it to NL and it does indeed show me those listings, however when I leave the page and then return, the setting is once again back to Best Match...argh! The worst issue though, is my Store Photo which has been incredibly HUGE for over a week now! If you take the time to scroll down, you eventually come to my listings, but many potential buyers may just head out the door. I may call and ask for store credit as this is certainly NOT what I'm paying for...good luck with that one, right?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

To clarify... I can choose any of the options for my own temporary display... but it won't allow me to select my preferred default option for those who are visiting my store. This used to work just fine. Now, regardless of the option I chose... only "Best Match" appears for those visiting the store.

Bottom line: store sales fell through the floor this past weekend. Not sure what's going on... but it was a ghost town... even with eBay promotions... and even with paid advertisements on other social media platforms.
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

When they released (re released) the store changes, apparently the display choices sellers could make were disabled........ whether that's long term or just temporary no one knows since there's been no ebay guidance on what's going on.

alan@ebay

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Yes... I just got a similar answer from customer support. They believed it was a temporary deactivation during the migration to the new store revisions... but they reported it anyway to tech support believing that the "newly listed" feature is intended to remain active going forward. I also discussed that the "On Sale" tab was no longer included... and they reported that as well... confirming that they believed this was intended to remain an active feature.
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Still no solution... and no response.  The lack of information is absurd...  In situations like this (in essence, beta testing)... there should be an abundance of communication and reassurrance... yet we get nothing... except for declining sales.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@bauble-babes wrote:

The worst issue though, is my Store Photo which has been incredibly HUGE for over a week now! If you take the time to scroll down, you eventually come to my listings, but many potential buyers may just head out the door.

That happens to anyone who has a square, portrait or landscape shaped image. You need to use a banner shaped image - 1200 x 270 pixels works well.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, but my Store Photo has been the perfect size for 3 years and has only become Huge since ebay started with all the updates. In the past 5 weeks this has happened twice. The first time it occurred, I called immediately and they fixed it after only a few days. Now it has been huge for about 2 weeks even though the issue has once again been reported. Very frustrating and I'm sure some potential buyers will simply turn tail and run as soon as they see this wall-to-wall photo.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

This thread is about the problem with being forced to use "Best Match" as the default setting for our store... instead of sometimes using "Newly Listed" or one of the other options, based on our current inventory.  

To date, nothing has changed... and there has been no response from eBay as to whether this is an intended change?... or temporary?... or??  They claim to have reported the problem to their tech team... but there has been no further response and no remedy offered.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I called again 2 days ago to report this and the myriad of other store issues and was told the tech team is aware and working to resolve. With all the changes eBay keeps incessantly throwing at us, they really need to increase their tech staff numbers to keep up.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Unfortunately... two weeks later and nothing has changed.  I can still set my eBay store to sort as "newly listed"... but the system forces the display as "best match" for all shoppers. 

There has been no communication; no follow-up as to the problem nor to my customer service inquiry.  They had... and apparently still have... no answer to the problem... other than "they're working on it."

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

None of the choices work for stores anymore.........they apparently disabled them when they did the store change around 6/1.  I believe they have said Best Match is the default and will continue to be that.

They have said there are "modules" coming in June for store owners to customize the store.  No indication of what that might include. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

That seems consistent with what we're actually experiencing... but I haven't been able to get anyone at customer support to actually say that much to me.  We first noticed the problem in early May and reported it several timems... but they seemed surprised to learn of the problem each time.  Bottom line... can't tel who knows... and who is just making something up.  It'll be nice if we can get away from speculation... and confirm how and when the new system is yet to be improved.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I have called support almost daily since these store changes have occurred, and have heard every possible non-answer.  Sales were on the rise every month since last December, then in May were down almost 70%.  In my store I always displayed "Newly Listed" first since many repeat customers come to see what is new.  I'll never know how many took a look at the ugly new store graphics, saw nothing new then moved on.

Other technical issues I've found:  No more promo box to announce sales, vacation, etc. except for the giant banner that bumps the inventory too low on the screen;  categories missing in page view and not functioning, just throws the view back to the store home page;  new top page search bar for shop confusing;  no hover expansion of item titles in Gallery view.  Also, the new upcoming 14 day wait for markdown will be a nightmare.  If a customer purchases the last of a sale item but I get more inventory, the person who had it in their cart but missed it won't be able to get the sale price.

I was told by various support people that my problems were small compared to others, that Ebay is meant as a launching pad and not a sole store presence, that all this change is to optimize phone shopping (my customers are designers who more likely shop on PCs), and that I was the only person who reported these issues.  The lack of care is astonishing considering I've been selling here on Ebay since 2002.

They will certainly drive me and many others like me out of business here.

Keep calling and reporting!!

elisa

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Yes... it's clear that all technology is positioned for a full and final migration to mobile applications... regardless of what the customer wants.

Our customers as well... typically don't shop for high-end collectibles via their mobile phones.  The descriptions... photos... and historical content can't be sufficiently appreciated on a mobile phone.  Our sales require a full understanding and appreciation for of the DETAILS.  I also know that I have never shopped for anything with a smartphone... and never will.  It's just too small... and if I can't read the listing at a glance... I don't want to mess with it.  

It's just such a major disappointment as many have invested so much time and effort in creating their businesses... only to be targeted for change by those who have little appreciation those efforts.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply