cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Items now showing again under Purchases

All my 2023 purchase that I've Hidden are still Hidden but one transaction from 2022 and all prior transactions that were hidden have now returned and are now showing again under Purchases.    Chatted with Support and they said they would report as a site defect but that was 5 days ago and still showing.   

The "Hide Item" option is missing on all these items so no way for me to even re-hide them,

Anyone else seeing this or reported this site behavior?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Hidden Items now showing again under Purchases

Same deal here, purchases from the last 3 years show and no hide button.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@4_mjb 

I’ve noticed that also. 
Look where it says See Orders if it shows “All” you will see all orders from 2023, 2022 and 2021.

Select 2023 all you will be shown are orders from 2023 the rest will be hidden. 

You can also find “Hide Order” in the “More Actions” drop down menu next to each item.
IMG_0894.jpeg

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Same here, just started this week. There are multiple threads about this on various discussion boards. On some from 2019, a workaround involving bookmarking old pages is posted, but it's ridiculous that this issue has been popping up for at least FOUR YEARS & eBay has done nothing about it & expects users to simply devise workarounds on their own w/zero support from the site. Another user I know has suggested that these constant mysterious glitches are just eBay dev engineers randomly changing things just so they can show they've done SOME kind of work & should continue being employed. The unending parade of glitchy changes that pop up w/o warning on eBay are so random & unnecessary (& detrimental vs. useful) that it makes as much sense as any other explanation...

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

"Hide order" only appears next to items that haven't yet arrived or just arrived. None of the older items that have reappeared have the "hide order" option anymore. We're stuck w/them (until/unless eBay fixes this stupid glitch).

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

On some from 2019, a workaround involving bookmarking old pages is posted, but it's ridiculous that this issue has been popping up for at least FOUR YEARS & eBay has done nothing about it

The fact that there was a similar issue four years ago does not mean the same thing has been going on continuously for four years. It just means that there was a similar problem four years ago.

"Hide order" only appears next to items that haven't yet arrived or just arrived. None of the older items that have reappeared have the "hide order" option anymore. We're stuck w/them

The "Hide order" option only appears for recent transactions. If you limit your purchase history to recent transactions you can hide the transactions you want and avoid old or hidden items. Since eBay's current Purchase History link is defaulting to showing three years, it is possible to bookmark a different page that shows only recent, unhidden items, and use the bookmark in place of eBay's link.

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/v2/purchase?filter=year_filter%3ALAST60&page=1&moduleId=122164&pg=pu...

Or you can continue to use eBay's link that shows you things you don't want to see.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Agreed.... I have hidden sales that have returned now to my "Orders" page from 2020, 2021 and 2022.... and no way to hide them anymore. It's always something with ebay......

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@4_mjb wrote:

All my 2023 purchase that I've Hidden are still Hidden but one transaction from 2022 and all prior transactions that were hidden have now returned and are now showing again under Purchases.    Chatted with Support and they said they would report as a site defect but that was 5 days ago and still showing.   

The "Hide Item" option is missing on all these items so no way for me to even re-hide them,

Anyone else seeing this or reported this site behavior?

Yes, its still happening no matter whether I use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Logged on recently, and there it all was !!. I went to try and hide it again, only to find that the pull down menu on the purchase did not contain the 'hide order' option.

I guess eBay has dropped a spanner in the works again ......  🤣😂😜

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

This has been going on for weeks on the UK site with no useful answers from the reps.

It's goes like this. Some eBay "tech" messed up and revealed all the hidden purchases. They then reversed their mistake which then revealed the problem many if not all are facing here. Which is although recent purchases went back to hidden, ones over six months didn't. As a rep recently said items over six months can't be hidden which is why there is no option on those newly revealed to hide them again.

So don't take this the wrong way but I see it as good news that this problem is now appearing on .com. Maybe now something will get done. Maybe even a helpful explanation from a rep.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

"Anyone else seeing this or reported this site behavior?...."

Yes, i have that new feature as well. My Purchase History page is now 35 miles long.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Thank you for posting that link.... 

It works great and avoids the present page nicely 👍

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I too have the same issue on the Purchase History.
Thanks for the link to limit the display of Purchase History.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Yes this is happening to me too and it's soooo annoying! FIX THIS EBAY!!!!!

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Seems like the software devs are just f**king about with stuff in order to justify their existance.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Support in the UK flagged is as an issue on the 5th. Still nothing happening.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply