cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Class Package domestic shipping amount showing up waaay to low

My new listing : https://www.ebay.com/itm/125968861198  has first class package selected as the shipping methor. For some reason, even though I've revised it time and time again, the shipping amount shown on the screen to the domestic customer is less than $2.00. The shipping domestically should be $4.75 and up depending on their location for a 3oz first class package. Somehow first class package is not showing the correct shipping rate in the listing. Please fix! I do not want to be underpaid on the shipping. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: First Class Package domestic shipping amount showing up waaay to low

On the old listing form, sellers could select package type and some sellers would mistakenly choose large envelope (aka letter/flat) instead of package/thick envelope.

Large envelope/flat means the buyer is charged for an untracked First Class Flat.

On the new listing form there is no way to change package type since eBay removed it, but the field is still there on the back end. So if you 'sell similar' or 'relist' from a listing that had an incorrect package type, that will carry over behind the scenes on the new form @wolfsvintagepostcards .

There are 2 ways to deal with any lingering 'flat' package types.

1. Change the listing to local pickup. Save changes. Change the listing back to calculated First Class. Publish changes. This should wipe out the shipping info completely and reset it, fixing the problem.

2. End the listing and create a new one from scratch. All brand new listings default to the correct package type on the back end. You can copy/paste description, title, etc.

On the active listings page in seller hub, click the shipping cost header in the gray menu bar. That will sort your listings based on shipping cost. You'll want to go to the listings with the lowest shipping costs to verify if they're correct or if the listings need to be re-done.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Here is another one of my new listings , where I have first class package calculated shipping selected, and the shipping amount is simply just not appearing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/125966923068?shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId  Something definitely broken!  Please help!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You are selecting First Class Letter rate, which is correct for the rate shown, but is not something you can print a label for on ebay and has no tracking.  You needed to select First Class Package, to see the higher rate that includes tracking.

Suggest though for postcards you use the ebay's Standard Envelope rate.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html

You second example in you next post, has no shipping specified, so you need to go back an fix that.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

On the old listing form, sellers could select package type and some sellers would mistakenly choose large envelope (aka letter/flat) instead of package/thick envelope.

Large envelope/flat means the buyer is charged for an untracked First Class Flat.

On the new listing form there is no way to change package type since eBay removed it, but the field is still there on the back end. So if you 'sell similar' or 'relist' from a listing that had an incorrect package type, that will carry over behind the scenes on the new form @wolfsvintagepostcards .

There are 2 ways to deal with any lingering 'flat' package types.

1. Change the listing to local pickup. Save changes. Change the listing back to calculated First Class. Publish changes. This should wipe out the shipping info completely and reset it, fixing the problem.

2. End the listing and create a new one from scratch. All brand new listings default to the correct package type on the back end. You can copy/paste description, title, etc.

On the active listings page in seller hub, click the shipping cost header in the gray menu bar. That will sort your listings based on shipping cost. You'll want to go to the listings with the lowest shipping costs to verify if they're correct or if the listings need to be re-done.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

Suggest though for postcards you use the ebay's Standard Envelope rate.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html

It's an option for the $10 listing, but not for the $40 listing due to the ESE limit of $20 value for a single listing.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you I will try what you suggested and report back!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I use it for all my postcards under 20.00 ; the 10.00 postcard has an add on axe so I'm shipping if first class package to make sure the add on is not damaged.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you I used option 1 and it worked like a charm. Appreciate the expertise!  Thanks again, good to know this fix 🙂

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

No I selected package; wastingtime101 solved my issue.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply