cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Site Views are through the roof but sales have vanished! Clearly a glitch!

Not sure what exactly is going on right now but my external site views are off the charts!  Every single other category for traffic has completely  dropped off and sank to new lows!  Sales have disappeared slowly over the last week! Yesterday was the lowest sales day ever in over 16+ years!   Has anyone else had this issue?  My account is perfect in terms of service metrics, feedback and all the other areas that generally can get in the way of sales but this is something I have never seen on this site.  It's almost as if external site views have sucked up all my traffic and somehow stopped sales and offers of any kind from getting through.  If anyone else is having this issue or knows what is going on please let me know.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: External Site Views are through the roof but sales have vanished! Clearly a glitch!

Unfortunately, I can not offer any advice but I am experiencing the same exact issue. Most of my views are coming from external sites now and I don't t believe they ever convert into sales as I get more sales from 200 organic/promoted views than 600 external site views.

I called eBay about this issue and they assured me my account is very healthy with no issues. 

Have you noticed a decline in average click through rate?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: External Site Views are through the roof but sales have vanished! Clearly a glitch!

Clearly they are doing something to change the algo with the site and or making changes that are affecting sales.  The traffic numbers almost don't even matter since they make no sense and have no pattern that is clear or helpful in determining what to do.  I have always thought and felt as though the traffic is manipulated by ebay at times.  They "throttle" what comes in when they have to or as needed.  They always say my account is perfectly healthy as well and that there are no issues or problems when clearly there are issues.  Average click through rate has not declined.  I know that for many other sellers this does happen to be a very slow time right now for a variety of genuine issues.  All we can do is hang in there or jump ship.  I will not quit or jump ship right now.  All I can suggest is to keep listing and being active on the site.   That seems to help. Best of luck to you!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've noticed a couple of these. I'm having a rare no sales day and my external site views are 50% of my total views and way higher than every other day almost ever. I'm petty sure I've been caught in a glitch for about seven days now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply