cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description area blank. Anyone else?

when looking at items on my watchlist, I notice all the description areas are blank. They are that way when I look at my own listings as well. Noticed this last night and it continues today. Happens on both my laptop and desktop. Is there a work around? Thanks for all your help. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

home from work and do  not see any responses. I switched to chrome this morning before I left and same issues. NO description on my listings or any that I look at. Is anyone having this same problem? Please help. 

Can't list, can't edit, certainly can't buy anything which is what I was trying to do when i noticed this last night. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Not sure what you mean by a blank description -- is the entire item description blank for you, or just something missing? Are you using a third-party template or listing service?

Here is what I see when I open your latest listing using Firefox, directly under the item specifics:

eburtonlab_0-1597783435932.png

There are about 30 store categories shown, total.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

entire description box is blank--just a big white box on every listing on ebay-not just when i try to look at mine. Started last night with a padlock in the middle of the description area

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Any difference if you hold down the shift key and refresh the page, or clear your browser cache and eBay cookies? Or after a reboot of your computer?

Any difference if you disable browser add-ons such as ad blockers? Or if you temporarily disable your anti-virus? It might be worth doing a virus or malware scan of your computer.

Is there anything special about your local network? Using a VPN or custom firewall?

Are you able to see item listings if you go to a different site such as ebay.ca or ebay.com.au instead?

Are you able to view item listings on your phone using a browser or the eBay app? If not when using your local network, how about when connected to another network?

If none of that helps, it might be worth trying to reboot some of your local network equipment such as your cable modem or ethernet router.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I've encountered this same problem; it might be because my current network (I'm at work on a break) won't let the computer have access.  This is what it says:

The webpage at https://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=382864445342&t=1598289860000&categ... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

That description link seems to be loading for me. A snippet:

eburtonlab_0-1599184018067.png

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am not able to get a full download on any page on the eBay site.   This includes any and all items that are on my saved list.  The entire description area is the area that is failing to load.  The Edge browser that I am using give me a pop-up about every 30 seconds to remind me that the full page has not loaded with options to "wait" or "leave the page".  So, yes I am having the same problem.  Did not have the problem earlier today, but have not been on for at least 5 or 6 hours.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

We are SUDDENLY getting this problem too, revising didn't work. SO I went into HTML and removed the entire line (near the top) metaname VIEWPORT.  Not sure why, but the description has re-appeared. Hope that helps.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply