cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coins Accused of Counterfeit

For the last week anytime I list a new item in the coin category eBay is accusing me of selling counterfeits and ending my auctions.  This seems like it is being done by a bot almost.

ebay will not get back to my request for more information.  How do I get back to selling?

HELP!

jim

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Coins Accused of Counterfeit

I have been having the same problem since January 28. They ended 18 items over a weeks period of time. I keep calling and all the reps I spoke with stated my items will get reinstated. Then when I call back they stated that I am in compliance and they don't know why the back room is not reinstating them. I went to facebook for E-Bay and I had a rep tell me to sell my sealed rolls on another platform. After 24 years full time on E-Bay it might be time to move on.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

eBay is cracking down on "sealed", "unsearched", "unopened", "I don't know what's inside", "OBW", "original bank wrapped" rolls of coins where the seller DOES NOT accept returns.

These rolls, many times, have "interesting" coins on the ends, and misleads buyers as to what else in included in the sale.  They get their hopes up because of how they are marketed, then get disappointed when their roll with an indian head cent and a mercury diem on the ends have 48 worn 1940-1959 Lincoln cents inside.

These have been a big source of buyer dissatisfaction, and eBay is trying to cut down on buyer dissatisfaction.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I just was told that every coin in the roll has to be pictured from the front and back. I wonder if big dealers will have to follow the same policy for their rolls as there are thousands of rolls with not all the coins pictured front and back. They are picking and choosing.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

These rules apply to all sized sellers.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You say that but as of right now all those items are still listed.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I am having problems recently with my coin listings being shut down and found out that competitors can report your auctions to eBay. Someone from CoinCommunity.com has been harassing me probably because I'm a small private seller and have legitimate coins for sale that compete with theirs. They have coins for sale on here while hypocritically reporting others. I read eBay's policy twice and my listings met every requirement!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just did a search and there are 347 listings...

347 results for coin rolls unsearched

Message 8 of 8
latest reply