cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain pages are not loading correctly like this one ...

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

Sample screenshot of how the page loads up.

layout.png

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Certain pages are not loading correctly like this one ...

Glad to hear things are back to normal.

It is certainly possible eBay changed something that caused a conflict with an older style sheet or cache file or cookie. Normally when that happens the old info is immediately overwritten with new info, and there is no conflict; but sometimes the old info persists and is in conflict with whatever the site is currently delivering, causing problems. That is where clearing your cache or deleting your eBay cookies can help as it should force the info to be updated to the latest version immediately rather than waiting for the next update.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Pages loading without formatting and a few large arrow icons are typically a sign of a style sheet not loading correctly for that page or site.

Sometimes a page refresh or a shift-refresh is enough to fix things.

If it happens again or on multiple pages, try another browser as a test. If the pages load fine in the second browser, try clearing cache and manually deleting eBay cookies in the original browser.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Everything is coming up like this for me. All attempts to trouble shoot have failed. Everything from my Ebay Hub active listings, to shipping, to my feedback page...it's all coming up looking like the above member's posted image. Been like this since about 11 am. Was working fine until then.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Try another browser.

If pages load the same in another browser, you may have a network issue, or something else blocking the style sheet from loading on your device.

There was a problem in the UK a couple of years ago where some internet service providers were using a "child safe" setting that blocked style sheets on eBay. Using a different provider or disabling the "child safe" settings enabled users to get around the problem until the provider could change the settings that were causing the problem in that case.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I was getting this type of error, off and on, for months.  I followed the instructions put forth by @eburtonlab .  It worked...for awhile.  I just had to get a new computer yesterday.  Not sure your situation or if it is anything like mine, but just a thought.  I was using Chrome, but my computer was Windows 7.  Chrome is ghosting and will completely stop updates for anything less than Windows 10 in the new year. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Glad to know its not just me! Thanks for the reply.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I get it but we like the browser we like as we have all the bookmarks and settings the way we like it with this browser. Its Firefox.

You are right though it does load ok with Safari.

Hope they fix this, perhaps its Firefox but this site is the only site that does this when using Firefox.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

What version of Firefox are you using? I am not familiar with Firefox on a Mac, but most recent versions should work. And I believe the shift-refresh should work to refresh your page; you might try a shift-command-R to force a hard reload and bypass your cache if shift-refresh does not seem to do anything.

Unless it is very old, you should be able to get style sheets to load correctly on eBay using Firefox. Clearing your Firefox cache and manually deleting eBay cookies can often fix style sheet issues; if not, there may a particular setting or a conflicting add-on causing a problem. If Safari works, that would rule out most network or device issues.

You might try viewing eBay in a new private browser window in Firefox. If that works it would definitely point to a problem with your cache or cookies.

Or you may be able to try a different version of Firefox, such as Firefox Developer Edition. If it is anything like the Windows versions, that would install side by side with your existing Firefox, but be able to run separately (even at the same time) with its own profile, cache, add-ons. You could import your bookmarks, and easily switch back and forth between browsers.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, very good advice. I will try.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You are very welcome -- good luck!

Please follow up if anything works, or if nothing does.

It might be worth temporarily disabling your ad blocker if you use one; an overly aggressive ad blocking rule might interfere with style sheets.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Seems like those pages are back to normal via Firefox again, which leads me to believe that it's this site doing this more than the browser? It's strange. This has happened before in the same pages and in a few days it clears itself up.

Nonetheless, thanks for everyone's advice especially eburtonlab.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Glad to hear things are back to normal.

It is certainly possible eBay changed something that caused a conflict with an older style sheet or cache file or cookie. Normally when that happens the old info is immediately overwritten with new info, and there is no conflict; but sometimes the old info persists and is in conflict with whatever the site is currently delivering, causing problems. That is where clearing your cache or deleting your eBay cookies can help as it should force the info to be updated to the latest version immediately rather than waiting for the next update.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply