cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't report items that violate ebay's policy

For almost 2 months I have this issue / glitch.
Tried to delete history, cache and cookies.
Called twice to CS and sent screenshots of the issue I'm having.

The glitch is when I click on "Report item", in the window that opens up I can't choose a reason for report ( The scroll down menu doesn't exist.
So I can't report. Does anybody have this issue also?

I'm using Chrome browser, WIN10, PC.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

The glitch is when I click on "Report item", in the window that opens up I can't choose a reason for report ( The scroll down menu doesn't exist.
So I can't report. Does anybody have this issue also?

You first need to click the  down-arrow for Select from a list of report categories.  That will then give you another drop-down under Reason for report.  You select from those choices.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Just to be clear, you are waiting for the page to load completely, and then clicking on the "Select from a list..." line or the down arrow, and there is no drop-down of choices to select, and thus no way to proceed.

I have seen a couple of other posts by users with similar complaints, though that "report item" link is currently working as expected for me using Chrome or Firefox on a Windows 10 machine.

I would be curious if you see the same result using a different browser. It is possible that a browser add-on or extension such as an ad blocker could cause menu problems in some cases.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

You can see in the screenshot that when I try to choose the report category the drop down menu doesn't work.
It's only a small empty tab.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

Yes, I wait and let it upload the page completely. 
Also tried to turn off AdBlocker for chrome (still have the glitch)

And tried with CS on phone on Explorer browser, and the glitch is srill there.

But thanks for trying to help. It really bugs me for some reason.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

I found a large number of sellers in china selling silencers for rifles. I called eBay to report it and the rep I spoke too sounded as if they did not see anything wrong with it and even though they said they would report it, it sounded like since she did not know the policies as too what can and cant be sold on eBay she would not be doing anything or at least not for sellers in china.

Also I did some searches for banded firearms related items and not only are there a lost of sellers in china breaking the rules but also in the US. I think eBay is looking the other way as long as they are making money and there are no complaints anything goes. 

The Chinese sellers is kind of funny as in china most people can not own guns yet there are individuals selling gun parts. Which leads to the question is it really individuals or the Chinese government and military selling these items.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

🤔🤔

I also got the "We don't care" vibe from the last 2 CS reps I talked to.
The listing that I saw was selling a bottle of alcohol (I'm pretty sure it's against policy, or am I wrong?).

And I got a listing removed because I used the word "Rubik" (cube) in the title. I read about it and didn't know that's a trade mark (English is ot my first language).
I've changed the listing and I don't use the word. 
But guns and alcohol? seriously?

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

I think they need the money more than doing the right thing according to their policy and the law. I recently saw listings for both new and vintage formaldehyde. I am pretty sure you just cant sell that type of chemical to just anyone especially no questions asked online. The new stuff looked like it was from china. It is also alarming the number of kits to change the barrel and magazine for hand guns so that they can be used to shoot different sized rounds than intended. This basically turns your hand gun into a new untraceable gun that can be changed back after it is used to commit a crime as long as you do not leave any shell casings.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

@3eyedfishcatcher wrote:

I found a large number of sellers in china selling silencers for rifles. I called eBay to report it and the rep I spoke too sounded as if they did not see anything wrong with it and even though they said they would report it, it sounded like since she did not know the policies as too what can and cant be sold on eBay she would not be doing anything or at least not for sellers in china.

Also I did some searches for banded firearms related items and not only are there a lost of sellers in china breaking the rules but also in the US. I think eBay is looking the other way as long as they are making money and there are no complaints anything goes. 

The Chinese sellers is kind of funny as in china most people can not own guns yet there are individuals selling gun parts. Which leads to the question is it really individuals or the Chinese government and military selling these items.

There was a post here a while back about that.  The poster had traveled to China, and posted that was how much of it worked.  Said that the sellers we indeed just employees. It was their "job" to have the account, and make the sales.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Honestly reporting stuff on eBay is a waste of time. I don't know how to do it, but I am guessing if you want to actually get something done get the appropriate government agency involved. I have reported so many counterfeit products in the past it isn't funny. Nothing has ever happened.
Message 10 of 43
latest reply

A few years ago I bought here a tattoo gun from China.
The first time I turned it on it died. I really hope that no one is going to buy gun parts because good chance they'll won't work or even cause harm to the buyer.

I also hope customs are stopping these kind of items. 

To other members that wrote (I  don't know how I add it to this post):
For me reporting on items worked most of the time - the listing were taken off (and sometimes was again published).
It bugs me because it's just another function that stopped working adding to a lot of glitches that I encounter and reporting it over and over to CS and yet it's not fixed really makes me feel hopeless.

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

The silencers for riffles were being advertised as hunting equipment. No hunter would use such a item on their riffle. It is the kind of thing people would want to use in a mass shooting to not give away their exact position.  The good news as it is a cheap Chinese product the first or second shot would probably cause it to explode injuring the shooter. 

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

LMAO Chinese made moon shine stills. Guaranteed to blow your self up while breaking the law. Lead based solder included. In most states a complete still is highly illegal but hey Ebay will get the final value fee's.

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

I have this same issue on any browser.

He has 24.000 reviews maybe then you can't report him anymore? 

next to the item it also says "Top Rated Plus. Trusted seller, fast shipping, and easy returns."

I contacted the seller he just does not reply. I guess he feels protected.

it is this item https://www.ebay.com/itm/274086629485 where he says impossible things,. it can t be a romer-g keybaord and at the same time a gx bl;ue keybaord. I am looking for romer-g , gx blue is totally different. On the logitech website the serial number he gives says it is the gx blue version yet heb sells it as romer-g.

My native language is not english but i sent him this >>>
"I have nu clue if this is the old - in my opinion the better 1 - logitech g pro with romer-g tactile mechanical buttons (you recognize it by looking at any button , with romer-g the letter / number / ?! / shift / enter etcetera are in the middle of the button) or the logitech g pro with gx blue clicky mechanical switches , that 1 has the numbers letters above the middle of the button.

your desription says MPN: 920-009388 that is on the back of the box then it is clicky blue. But your object title says Logitech G Pro Wired Gaming Mechanical Romer-G Switch Keyboard RGB Blacklighting. So there it says romer-g.

Then we have 10 pictures : picture 1(+4 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10) = gx blue /// 2(+3 / 5 ) romer-G /// 6 i don't know.

I prefer romer-g because light is still good when you look at the keyboard at an angle , plus more importantly it does not bleed light below the keys where gx blue has much bleed. And of course they feel mechanically different.

p.s. romer-g is out of production since around 1 to 3monrths ago and is removed on logitech website it is only sold now together with a mouse as a package. I find it very stupid of logitech that both carry the name G PRO. The 2nd shpould be called g pro ll or something else to differentiate it from the old 1.

So buyers need to know what they buy so you have to change some things."
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

Same, have tried both Chrome and Edge browsers and it works in neither.  First dropdown list does nothing so obviously can't proceed to the others. 

Message 15 of 43
latest reply