cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make an offer or place item in cart.

If I try and make an offer on an item in my cart, a small spinning circle pops up on the “make offer” oval, and if I click again another spinning circle comes up and so on. I cannot click on add to cart either, it takes me to a tiny link of words that says something like that didn’t work and you can try again and it takes you to home page that say oops, like the item is gone; but it’s not. This was going on last night and this morning too.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is the problem with just one item? Perhaps there is a problem with that one item.

Is the item in your cart already?

Does the item appear in your purchase history as awaiting payment? If so you have already committed to purchasing the item.

Try signing out of eBay, restarting your browser and signing back in.

To rule out browser issues, try using a different browser to see if that allows you to make an offer on that item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This isn't like Walmart or Lowes where you can put it in the cart and then leave the cart and walk away.

In the cart means you intend to buy it and when you're ready to pay you pay not negotiate the price.

If it's  in your purchase history you're obligated to pay. If it's not have you tried removing it from your cart? 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply