cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Aspects Blocking Offer Publishing/Does Not Apply Doesn't work?

Attempting to tackle this has driven me mad.
Using eBay getCategorySuggestionId I can get an ID, for example the item is Beast Blender, and the returned category Id is 133704. Then using "https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/taxonomy/resources/category_tree/methods/getItemAspects... I can place that Id in which returns a large JSon that I can read. 

The brand Beast Health is returned in the "Required Aspects" as an option for Brand, which I will put into "https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/inventory/resources/offer/methods/publishOffer" 

Another required aspect is "model" which i would input the MPN of the item B10. although for Suggestions Json i am returned ""localizedAspectName": "Model",
"aspectConstraint": {
"aspectDataType": "STRING",
"itemToAspectCardinality": "SINGLE",
"aspectMode": "FREE_TEXT",
"aspectRequired": true,
"aspectUsage": "RECOMMENDED",
"aspectEnabledForVariations": true,
"aspectApplicableTo": [
"PRODUCT"
]
},
"aspectValues": [
{
"localizedValue": "Bosch HMT72M450"
},
{
"localizedValue": "Mainstays EM720CGA-W"
},
{
"localizedValue": "Siemens BF525LMS0"
},
{
"localizedValue": "Silvercrest SMWC 700 A4"
}
]
},"

I input brand into the Json for create Inventory Item " { "availability": { "shipToLocationAvailability": { "quantity": "1", "merchantLocationKey" : "Master" } }, "condition": "NEW", "product": { "aspects": { "UPC": ["744759023216"] }, "brand": "Beast Health", "description": "Product details have been supplied by the manufacturer and are hosted by a third party.", "mpn": "B10", "epid": "", "imageUrls": [ "[removed]" ], "title": "Beast Blender Deluxe" } }"
which yeilds success and also with create OfferId. 
Then, when I try to run Publish offer this is the error I get " { "errors": [ { "errorId": 25002, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A user error has occurred. The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.", "parameters": [ { "name": "0", "value": "The item specific Brand is missing." }, { "name": "1", "value": "The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again." }, { "name": "2", "value": "Brand" } ] }, { "errorId": 25002, "domain": "API_INVENTORY", "subdomain": "Selling", "category": "REQUEST", "message": "A user error has occurred. The item specific Model is missing. Add Model to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again.", "parameters": [ { "name": "0", "value": "The item specific Model is missing." }, { "name": "1", "value": "The item specific Model is missing. Add Model to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again." }, { "name": "2", "value": "Model" } ] } ] }" 

I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. Sure Model makes sense in this situation but I clearly have brand inputted in the inventory template. 

Also, for other items, there is no MPN for the item that i can find, but through the API i am still required to put something there. Leaving these fields blank doesn't seem to work, neither did putting "does not apply." 

I also have this issue quite often with "Type", specifically when the categoryAspect suggestions doesn't even have a type suggestion at all. 

I cannot find anyone else seemingly having this problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0