cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to use most Sandbox APIs as new users do not have a store subscription

developer_support@ebay 

It is currently impossible for new developers to use most sandbox APIs due to the following:

1. Newly created sandbox users do not have a store subscription

2. Store subscriptions are required to create & use policies

3. Policy creation API's fail for new users as they don't have store subscriptions

4. There are no default / pre-created policies available for newly created sandbox users to use

5. The only API (old Trading API SetStore) to update sandbox user accounts to give them subscriptions was removed in 2022 Trading API release 1267

Result: every API that requires valid policies can't be used. Old Trading APIs are also impacted, such as trying to get a store's categories.

Easy solution: set a store subscription for all newly created sandbox users by default.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Impossible to use most Sandbox APIs as new users do not have a store subscription

I found a RESTful call to opt into business policies:

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/account/resources/program/methods/optInToProgram 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@allkinds4allsorts 

In the real world, a seller does not need an eBay store to create basic business policies (shipping profile, return profile, payment profile).  Since I don't use the Sandbox, is there something I am missing that is unique to the Sandbox?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I found a RESTful call to opt into business policies:

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/account/resources/program/methods/optInToProgram 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi @allkinds4allsorts 

The Account API allows merchants to create business policies that describe how they conduct their customer-facing business. Please use the Account API to set up all your fulfillment, payment, and return business policies.

eBay business policies Guide: https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/static/seller-accounts/business-policies.html

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

developer_support@ebay 

The problem I ran into is that all of the policy creation API methods were failing with an error message that didn't indicate what the actual problem was; that a user first needs to 'opt-in' to using business policies before they can be created.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply