cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pottery: Haeger disc shaped pitcher. Please help id.

Please help with information of this Haeger Pottery disc shaped pitcher. It measures 6 7/8" tall, 8 5/8" from the tip of the spout to the tip of the handle and and 2 3/8" thick. It has a Haeger Pottery gold outlined green foil decal on the bottom. Does anyone know when it was made, the name of the glaze color, the name of the pitcher or line or any where I can find information or may be able to research?  I have searched google images and Worthpoint with no luck. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pottery: Haeger disc shaped pitcher. Please help id.

I found this one: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-haeger-pottery-yellow-art-1826679121
The first Paradis book says the diamond sticker was used in the 1920s and 30s. Dilley's book just says before 1939. I didn't find the pitcher in the books and don't know where else you can look unless there's a collector's site or facebook group.
I think the color back then was just green, blue, yellow, etc--plain.
Janet

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

my book does not show this pitcher, but does show the label as having been used prior to the McComb, Illinois plant being opened which was in 1939.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the information. It gives me somewhere to start.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I found this one: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-haeger-pottery-yellow-art-1826679121
The first Paradis book says the diamond sticker was used in the 1920s and 30s. Dilley's book just says before 1939. I didn't find the pitcher in the books and don't know where else you can look unless there's a collector's site or facebook group.
I think the color back then was just green, blue, yellow, etc--plain.
Janet
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I also cannot find the pitcher, but can confirm the information supplied above. My Haeger book is David Dilley's 'Haeger Potteries, Through the Years', copyright 1997, L-W Book Sales, likely now out of print, and it contains catalog pages from Haeger catalogs dated 1930, 1938, and 1938-1940, but your pitcher is not pictured. A similar 'circle' vase in the same glaze, with applied gold decoration is pictured on the cover of the book, but Dilley doesn't provide a key anywhere that I can find that describes that vase. The 1938 catalog does give a list of the colors used at that time, with this text, 'All Haeger Pottery, except Console Sets is (sic, are) supplied is six soft satin matte glazes: White (eggshell), Turquoise, Yellow, Blue, Green, Coral'. The 1930 catalog has a similar descripton text on the glazes available, shown as follows: 'White, Turquoise, Yellow, Blue, Coral, Gloss Red, Gloss Turquoise, Gloss Chinese Blue'. Hope this helps, as it is likely all the information avaiable.If there is another reference book, I have not seen it. We live in West Central Illinois, near Macomb, and while there may be some local collectors for Haeger, it is mostly not considered desirable by art pottery collectors..........generally.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I thank all of you for your expertise and time. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply