cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me identify beautiful china desert plate I recently found on Estate sale.

Please help me identify beautiful china desert plate I recently found on Estate sale. I want to buy a few more - totally in love.

I tried researching it and was not able to find the manufacture. it’s light 5 1/4 Oz or 147 g. Diameter 6 1/16 in. but I still was  not able to solve the mystery who made this beautiful plate. Maybe be somebody knows, I would appreciate any though or ideas to help me to find out the manufacture. Thank you in advanceIMG_1956 2.JPG

IMG_1957 2.JPG

IMG_1959 2.JPG

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 10.58.30 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please help me identify beautiful china desert plate I recently found on Estate sale.

Looks handpainted, probably one of a kind done on a blank piece of china. Always called hobbyist here but there are oceans of difference in items of this kind. Many women made a living painting china. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I noticed the plate has number 229O, not 229 zero, it looks more like 229 and letter O.

IMG_1968 2.JPG

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

it is hobbyist painted, probably in the US.  there is no makers mark to ID

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Looks handpainted, probably one of a kind done on a blank piece of china. Always called hobbyist here but there are oceans of difference in items of this kind. Many women made a living painting china. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for generously sharing your expertise; I truly appreciate it. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not the news I was hoping for – I won't be able to find a few more plates like that...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply