cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help IDing Blue White Quirky Studio Piece

Anyone recognize this artist's style? The mark impressed on the bottom is under the glaze and hard to see. It looks like a square frame with angled-off corners, with a heart inside and line under the heart. I think this is stoneware, and it measures 8.5" across.

I've looked through the awesome website "themarksproject," and though a couple of the marks look somewhat similar, the artists' work is so different than this, I don't think they're a match. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The picture of the mark is impossible to see.  This is way out there but Iron Mountain Stoneware did some wild studio stuff.  Maybe look at the mark under some different lights and see if it matches up with their square logo.  But it probably would have been artist signed?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I was looking at more of the custom and one-of-a-kind designs produced by the artists at Iron Mountain Stoneware, many / most were done in blue on their stoneware ground.  The faint logo picture you posted also seems to have a triangle in square.  Hope that you have some luck, their artist pieces are very much in demand.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion! I am familiar with the Iron Mountain mark, as I have other pieces by them. This is something different--much smaller, though there is certainly a resemblance.

I've done some more research, and came across a contemporary artist named Sunkoo Yuh, and am wondering if it's his work. Still looking! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply