cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a murano vase?

Can anyone identify this base? I tried google image search. I would like to know what keywords I should use to find another one. Is this a vintage murano vase? I don’t see any marking on the bottom. My friend broke the handle and secretly glued it together.  IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0923.jpeg

IMG_0928.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is this a murano vase?

It doesn't seem to be Murano either. I'm not an expert, but I notice it's handblown based on the circle marks on the bottom. Many makers use stickers to mark their pieces. The impressed mark suggests it's hand-blown rather than molded. Going by the style, I would guess it's from the 80s to the present day.

As an antique/vintage seller, hand-blown glass without a maker's mark tends to have limited resale value. I'm not implying that this piece has no value; however, the second-hand market is saturated with similar pieces. Again, I want to emphasize that I'm not an expert in this field.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is this a murano vase?

I wonder if it is amber uranium glass.  blacklight to test. doesn't touch me as Murano.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Is this a murano vase?

Doesn't strike me as murano either. . Im not an expert  neither . It is handblown going by the circle marks on bottom. Alot of makers use stickers to mark  their pieces.   impressed  opposed from imp Going by the style I'm guessing  80s to present day.  As a antique/ vintage seller hand-blown glass Without makers mark has very little resale value. I'm in no way suggesting this piece has no value. The 2nd hand market is flooded with pieces  like this.  Again I'm not an expert. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Is this a murano vase?

As soon as a studio in Murano develops a new design, it is copied by the excellent craftsmen in China and India. There is no way to tell them apart by the craftsmanship or design.

The only way to know if it is Murano is by the marking or label. As already mentioned, a lot of Murano pieces have a sticker label, and if that has been removed there is no way to tell if it is from Italy or Asia.

If it does have a label, you have to read it very carefully. Some pieces have labels that say "Murano" in large letters, but if you read the fine print it actually says:

Designed in

Murano

made in China

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Is this a murano vase?

It doesn't seem to be Murano either. I'm not an expert, but I notice it's handblown based on the circle marks on the bottom. Many makers use stickers to mark their pieces. The impressed mark suggests it's hand-blown rather than molded. Going by the style, I would guess it's from the 80s to the present day.

As an antique/vintage seller, hand-blown glass without a maker's mark tends to have limited resale value. I'm not implying that this piece has no value; however, the second-hand market is saturated with similar pieces. Again, I want to emphasize that I'm not an expert in this field.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Is this a murano vase?

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply