cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identify pressed glass dish - triangle maker mark?

003.JPGHi- this is a beautiful old pressed glass dish (like a powder jar but twice as big), with a maker's mark on the underside of both the bottom and the lid - looks like a triangle or pyramid shape, has absolutely no  letters or numbers or other marking besides this triangular maker mark...  I've search and searched without any luck identifying this maker.  I bought it at an estate sale and was told it is antique, from France.  Can anyone help me id this?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Help identify pressed glass dish - triangle maker mark?

Check Verlys.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

search: "Verlys Frosted Glass Love Bird Vase With Holophane Makers Mark! Fenton Sticker" on ebay.  I did find that in France, Holophane made some art glass using Verlys molds.  Looking at the history of Holophane, there is a mark that looks like yours.  I could not find anything that definitly connects your dish with Holophane, but that is a Fenton mold, as well as the dish on ebay, that was aquired from Verlys. 

Maybe George can help?

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Sorry but that is more than I knew..
george
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Thanks for replying, George.

Now I have found this from the same seller:  ORIGINAL HOLOPHANE BOX! Verlys Satin Frosted Flower Bowl Hexagon Footed

Combining what the seller wrote, and what I have found, Holophane is Verlys, and your mark is Holophane (or is it Verlys? LOL)

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I saw clear vase id as Holophane which appeared to have this mark but not clear enough to confirm.
george
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Yes this is definitely Verlys glass - the design name is "Papillon" in "Directoire Blue".   Still some mystery about the mark but as a variant it makes some sense - the companies history is fairly complicated.  I've been able to determine its from circa 1930s, not yet sure if it was produced in USA or France, but there's resources out there and I think I'll be able to figure it out from here thanks to your help!  🙂  Thanks very much to everyone who replied!

Message 21 of 21
latest reply