cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identify glass and pottery piece

The glass piece is unmarked, measures about 8" tall and has a picture of an indian on it

The pottery piece was used for DY Brand Korean Hot Sauce and measures about 7" tall- again unmarked

this piece has a floral picture on it

any suggestions on what these pieces are would be appreciated

thanks

tom

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I found a lot of those milk glass Indian vases on worthpoint.com, listed as Fostoria and Westmoreland, making me think nobody knows who made them. The other one is probably Korean! If it's modern and Korean....
Janet
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

thanks for the information on the indian vase

the reason i listed the other vase was the floral design under the glaze on the front of the piece

this is in the first picture

Hard to see due to the glare, but their is a painting of flowers, brown red hues

I know that i have seen other vases with similar designs but cant think of the manufacturer.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

here are two more pictures, hard to take due to the glare and I keep getting reflections from the room

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The Indian vase is "imitation" pottery. Memory says Fostoria. Also found with a "monk" decoration.

george
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

thanks george

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the brown pottery vase, you may be thinking of the standard glazes that many of the American art potteries used circa 1890 - 1910. Rookwood had a famous standard glaze line. Weller had a line called Louwelsa and Owens had one called Utopian. Your vase looks similar, but I think you can safely assume it is later and indeed from Asia.

Still, nice and decorative for something that came along with a basic food item.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yes that is who I was thinking of as being manufacturer thanks for all the info

Message 8 of 8
latest reply