cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip or flea bite?

Hi all,

I sold a glass and pitcher set on another site and the buyer messaged me and accused me of hiding a chip and trying to sand it out. I never saw a chip and certainly didn't try to sand one out.  I received it back and saw where the buyer did attempt to sand it and the chip. But it is so small I thought it was a flea bite. I didn't notice it when I listed it. I'd appreciate some opinions as DSC08010.JPGto whether I can sell it as a flea bite or not.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Chip or flea bite?

Sorry, I neglected to say I want to sell it here.  I could sell it without the pitcher or disclose the mark.  Just not sure what is the best way to go about it.

TIA

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Chip or flea bite?

Personally, I would sell it. If it was the glass cup, there is a chance it could cut your lip, but what kind of caveman drinks out of a pitcher? 😀

I would document the defect in the TITLE/CONDITION SECTION/DETAILS thoroughly.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Chip or flea bite?

Great term:

A flea bite is a term used for glassware to describe any chip that is the diameter of a pencil lead or close to that size. It would be damage that happened after the manufacture.

Yep, I would simply disclose it in the condition as you did with us.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Chip or flea bite?

I agree with the previous post. Just disclose it. One thing I have found on glass, porcelain and pottery that has what I agree with you, looks like a bug. When I get through cleaning it, I'll get alcohol or mint type toothpaste. Dob it on the spot and let  it sit. Seems to work most of the time. With the alcohol I'd get a paper towel saturated and leave it on like a bandaid. If not it dries and won't do well. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Chip or flea bite?

I read somewhere that a “flea bite” on China is no bigger than a pencil point, and sometimes cannot be seen only felt.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply