cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for H. Horina signed cards

My great-grandfather, Hans Horina, was a postcard artist in the early 1900's. My sister and I are wanting to collect his postcards. If you have any you would like to sell, we would be interested. He did a lot of sepia-toned cards, published by JI Austin Co.. He also did some painted Easter cards and frog cards. I also have a question for postcard collectors & sellers. There are some postcards listed on EBAY that are published by Ullman Manufacturing Company and all are signed with the initials "H.H.". There is a 'Brer Rabbit' series, and a 'Jimmy Pig' series. Some EBAY sellers are listing those cards as artist H. Horina. However, I have never seen any artwork of my great-grandfather's where he just initialed them as H.H. Other sellers don't list the artist name, and another seller is listing his card as done by Herman Hesse. Another seller had listed the initials as being by artist Hermann Hanke. Does anyone know the true artist that uses the initials H.H.?? Thank you-
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi. H.H. is for H.Herman.It was originally and mistakenly attributed to H.Horina in the first addition of the black postcard guide. hope this helps..greg
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi - Are you still looking for these?  I have one I'm about to list in auction for $5. If you want it, I'll do it as a Buy It Now for the same price. Let me know!  Best, BonnponHorinaA.jpgHorinaB.jpgHorinaSig.jpg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply