cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed payments "how great it is"

Its truly unreal. Its bad enough that we were forced into this fine program. Now I get a email telling me that there was a problem with my deposit. Then to top it off when you try to contact them you get a message that getting a return call from a representative is not available right now. In 20 years of paypal  I never had a problem getting my money. Now were at the mercy of ebay to get it and when there is a issue they shut down there phone system so they don't have to deal with seller wondering what is going on. This sorry system has destroyed my business while making them more money. How you just **bleep** on all your sellers and not care one bit is amazing. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: managed payments "how great it is"

Malfeasance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Agreed. If you've been ripped off by eBay, as I have, it's time to leave. I'm glad I was as it made not opting into MP easy; eBay makes leaving automatic.

The logic behind eBay apologetics is it's good for those who stay as an absurd buyer to seller ratio of 10:1 improves by seller flight. Contrast Bonanza with a 1,300:1 ratio...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll buy that for a shilling.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

you must work for ebay...

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

nope they are trash in fees. Ebay is a monolapy that needs to die

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Anyone that believes their lies deserves to be ripped off.  Hypocrisy at its best.  "Stupid is as stupid does".

Best of good luck to you!

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Yeah ok.

Hypocrisy

Yes the best word that describes eBay. If we treated fellow eBayers the way they treat us. Kidding me, we would be crucified..   

1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I must disagree with you. To explain: I charge calculated shipping rates and if my shipping discount is more than $.50 I refund the customer the difference. So lets say the customer pays $12.00 for shipping and I am only charged $8.50, I refund $3.50. Ebay does not refund the difference in the fees they charged me.  If they are charging 12% that's $.42. Doesn't seem like a lot but if you multiply that by 10 customers a month for a year that comes out to $50.40. Ebay knows about this because I called about 3 years ago to tell them. I was told that they only return seller fees if you do a refund on the total amount. 

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

To explain: I charge calculated shipping rates and if my shipping discount is more than $.50 I refund the customer the difference. So lets say the customer pays $12.00 for shipping and I am only charged $8.50, I refund $3.50.

Operator error.

If you do not want the buyer to pay the actual "calculated" amount then put a check mark in the box to pass the savings discount on to the buyer. 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@wrong66 wrote:

40-60% in seller fees? You must be joking.

I don't think that they are joking, ..............................just confusing "fees' with "overall costs".

I don't have a store, so I can't determine the added cost involved there, but for me that still would not bring my "fees" up to 40-60% of my sales $$$.

If it did, I would reevaluate my business model.

I often see the pie graph showing 28-30%, but that for me is selling costs including shipping.  My buyers pay for shipping even on "fast 'n free" listings.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Thank You. Maybe you should train ebay employees because this is the first time I have ever heard of this. I just went into edit one of my listings, and I do not see a box other than irregular package. 

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

We're all hypocrites (i.e., sinners); however, severing Paypal to sellers and demanding their checkbook if they expect to be paid belies the disposition and character of a scoundrel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time for us to leave.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply