cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed payments "how great it is"

Its truly unreal. Its bad enough that we were forced into this fine program. Now I get a email telling me that there was a problem with my deposit. Then to top it off when you try to contact them you get a message that getting a return call from a representative is not available right now. In 20 years of paypal  I never had a problem getting my money. Now were at the mercy of ebay to get it and when there is a issue they shut down there phone system so they don't have to deal with seller wondering what is going on. This sorry system has destroyed my business while making them more money. How you just **bleep** on all your sellers and not care one bit is amazing. 

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Would have been nice to inform the users that MP has a problem at this time with getting payment through instead of saying it was the user that had a problem.

Communication with MP need some major improvement.

They had best get some one trained to post to the boards also.

But who knows maybe eBay needed a loan for a day or two..... Like back in the day of double billing.....

Hey is eBay purchasing some thing today??

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Welcome to 'Scam-bay', home to on-line looters!

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I highly doubt that waiting a few days for "your money" is destroying your business.  Your business is your business, and eBay is a platform that you choose to facilitate sales.  If your margins are so thin that you can't wait a few days, you have bigger issues than eBay.  Regardless, you are supposed to be socking away money to pay for the eventuality of taxes, so you should have enough float to cover any day-to-day or stock purchase needs.  

eBay isn't perfect - far from it - but let's not blame them for all of life's ills.  eBay is a tool - a your-way eBay isn't an entitlement, and it isn't realistic.  

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@powell-memorabilia wrote:

I highly doubt that waiting a few days for "your money" is destroying your business.  Your business is your business, and eBay is a platform that you choose to facilitate sales.  If your margins are so thin that you can't wait a few days, you have bigger issues than eBay.  Regardless, you are supposed to be socking away money to pay for the eventuality of taxes, so you should have enough float to cover any day-to-day or stock purchase needs.  

eBay isn't perfect - far from it - but let's not blame them for all of life's ills.  eBay is a tool - a your-way eBay isn't an entitlement, and it isn't realistic.  

For me its not an issue that I have to wait a few days, the issue is THAT THEY SENT A CANNED MESSAGE THAT IT WAS MY BANK, so I spent 45 minutes getting a hold of my bank etc etc etc...

I do not blame them but I do HOLD them responsible just like I am responsible for my metrics. No one is cutting me any slack getting my items shipped in a professional and timely manner. 20+ year seller and I have NEVER/ZERO times have had this issue.

I, for one am not blaming anyone, but eBay did blame my bank as evidence below shows in the message eBay sent me.

On Dec 02, 2020 we tried sending you a payout amount of $246.15, but we ran into a problem with your bank account. Please check to see if the bank account information you entered is correct or contact your bank for details.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Wanted to give an update that my funds have just been sent to bank. Hope issue is resolved.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

LOL support.  They are too busy ripping sellers off to provide support or transparency.  It's not like the sellers are the ones paying to keep the lights on after all 🙄   Oh wait we are.  Imagine that...

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Hi! I got the same message this morning as did my husband (two separate stores - two separate banks!!) I immediately logged onto to ebay and got the message that their servers were down. So did not bother looking at my bank as they made a MP deposit Monday to my account with no problems. Will wait a day or two to see if it 'fixes' itself! 

Good Luck

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Sorry, but I've never been "ripped off" by eBay. Quite the contrary. I make good money by putting a lot of time into my business instead of wasting my time constantly moaning about how terrible eBay is. And why would anyone continue to sell here if they thought eBay was ripping off sellers? Some people p!ss and moan about eBay every day on these boards, yet continue to sell on eBay. Very strange.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I have been selling for over 10 years on ebay and its changed alot , and there is No other real place to sell ecommerce. it so much more difficult.  That  doesnt mean their taking more and more money in seller fees is ok.  I used to sell 500-1500 a month on ebay to supplement my income , now I am lucky to do 200-300.00. Seller fees are roughly 40-60% of that amount. Why do i still bother with them ?, and  yet complain every chance I get.. Because I can.  They take so much and give so little, and almost no customer service skills anytime I call them. They expect seller to take care of their business, yet they dont even try to take care of what makes their business run.  The sellers.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Not to mention the $15 coupon for converting early.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't spend it all in one place.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Yeah it's all smoke and mirrors with eBay. They put us on a wild goose chase with that email blaming our banks for their problem. This is the path eBay takes on all  technical issues. We all know this by now, they hide in the shadows while leaving us for dead. Can you say Hypocrisy  

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Yes they did blame seller's banks...It certaily WAS NOT seller's banks...as I think they finally stated.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Can eBay tell us how much they make in interest from a ONE DAY delay in payment with all that money sitting in THEIR account?

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

40-60% in seller fees? You must be joking.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply