cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulty redeeming credit card rewards on paypal

Credit card rewards do not show up on the PayPal checkout site anymore when selecting "pay with PayPal" when paying on ebay. Is this happening with anybody else?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Are you talking about the Paypal Mastercard (the one with 2% cash back, 3% on paypal checkouts)?

You just redeem it to your paypal balance. Then you can use the balance when paying for goods or depositing it to your bank that's on file with paypal.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

The issue your having eBay can’t help you with, you would need to take it up with PayPal.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

There are a few of us that posted this same issue with Capital One Rewards and PayPal, not showing up recently. I have talked to both the bank and PayPal and of course they both claim all is working fine (Not). My PayPal account even shows the $$ available. Won an auction the other night, and same thing, only the standard PayPal checkout window, no option to use the reward $$. Guess I will have to revert back to using the rewards amount as a statement credit.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yes, same happened to me w ebay, used PayPal, did not see option to use my CapOne rewards points.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

I have been experiencing the same as all of you but not just with CapOne.  My Amex that has points is also not showing those points when attempting to use Paypal to pay for an eBay purchase.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Based on all the questions and responses that I am seeing here; my assumption is that Ebay has discontinued that option from the first of the year without any warning.

Since they are participating in cashback offers through CapOne and maybe other cards, my guess is they don't want to accept the rewards $$ as payment anymore. No other reason I can think of.

I can use the CapOne reward $$ at other merchants with no issues.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I'm having the same issue with my elan credit card reward points. Very frustrating. When I go to my PayPal wallet the reward points balance is visible to use but when I check out using paypal on ebay the option to use reward points no longer comes up/appears at check out.

I have tried removing card from my paypal wallet and then relinking card to solve this problem and it does nothing. I have even gotten the email alert from paypal after relinking card that my reward points are now linked and able to be used on paypal.

My only guess is that ebay is no longer a "participating merchant" to use reward points for paypal purchases. Very annoying and frustrating because using my reward points on ebay was my main reason for still using paypal.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I'm having the same issue also, in fact with multiple credit cards that used to show reward points as a payment option. They no longer show as an option on eBay. I don't think it's a PayPal issue because when I go to other websites, they all of a sudden show up as a payment option. Very disappointing eBay!!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Encouraging the use of PayPal is not a goal of Ebay. There is no reason for Ebay to take payments by credit card through PayPal, and there probably are good business reasons not to.

The handwriting is on the wall for buyers or sellers who prefer to use PayPal as a part of their transactions.

It is likely that only a minimal amount of support of payments by PayPal is required to maintain the revenue which might be at risk if acceptance was discontinued completely.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Exactly my problem too.  It used to work fine...but now checking out with PayPal it doesn't give me the option to use my Capital One cash back balance.  What's going on guys...get it together or you force us to go elsewhere....why?????

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I thought I was going crazy but I guess this option has been removed now.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Reach out to the customer support teams of both PayPal and eBay for assistance. They have access to the most current information and can provide specific guidance or address any technical issues you are encountering. They may also be able to provide insight into whether this issue is affecting other users or if there are any workarounds.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Having the same issue, this sucks 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Same with me

Message 15 of 17
latest reply