cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payouts have been temporarily placed on hold

I got a scary email yesterday, which I copy and pasted below. I just called eBay and it sounds like they're doing random batches of sellers to do this to, but it didn't provide me with confidence. I haven't done anything wrong, only 2 returns in years (both returns happened last month). I don't know what it could be. I sell antiques, not like electronics or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

"Hello,

Your payouts have been temporarily placed on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days for this review to take place. 

You'll be notified if we need further information. If there are no further concerns, your payouts will be unblocked.

This temporary block will not impact your regular operations (listings/selling).

Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email. "

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@andnowitsmine ... It looks strange to me, too.

1) "Hello," with no name.

2) "temporarily placed on hold" vs. "temporary block".

3) "your payouts will be unblocked" vs. (the correct) "will be released".

4) "Thanks, eBay".

Hopefully someone who is wiser (and not so tainted) will show up with advice. Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@andnowitsmine wrote:

I got a scary email yesterday, which I copy and pasted below. I just called eBay and it sounds like they're doing random batches of sellers to do this to, but it didn't provide me with confidence. I haven't done anything wrong, only 2 returns in years (both returns happened last month). I don't know what it could be. I sell antiques, not like electronics or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

"Hello,

Your payouts have been temporarily placed on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days for this review to take place. 

You'll be notified if we need further information. If there are no further concerns, your payouts will be unblocked.

This temporary block will not impact your regular operations (listings/selling).

Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email. "

Just in case, did you check the source code for that email? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, it's eBay. I even called them. I also see on the top of my Payments screen big red lettering saying the same, that my payments are on hold....

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Allow em’ 5 days like the email says. It’s a routine formality. Any place dealing with financials these days have a right to do a review on accounts.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I got a similar email this morning except mine stared that I needed to upload a pic of my ID and a recent bank statement, which I promptly did.  My concern is that my birthday began 8 min ago and my ID expires.  I hope they don't make me wait tilli get my new ID before they realise the hold on my payouts

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@andnowitsmine 

What day did you get it?  Has five days passed?  Hopefully on day 6 everything will be functioning for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply