cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won’t let me register for Managed payments

I keep getting an error that it doesn’t recognize the credit union I bank with and then they ask for a statement but say my name has to be on it but it only shows my wife’s name on the checking account. I’m out of options. I’m not adding another checking account or doing anything else. This is just so stupid. Been Selling since 2001 and now I’m gone from this. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Won’t let me register for Managed payments

@joshua24fan wrote:

I keep getting an error that it doesn’t recognize the credit union I bank with . . .

Sellers enrolling in Managed Payments must use a bank, in the traditional and legal sense of the word. Credit Unions do not qualify.

@joshua24fan wrote:

. . . I’m gone from this. 

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

@joshua24fan wrote:

I keep getting an error that it doesn’t recognize the credit union I bank with and then they ask for a statement but say my name has to be on it but it only shows my wife’s name on the checking account. I’m out of options. I’m not adding another checking account or doing anything else. This is just so stupid. Been Selling since 2001 and now I’m gone from this. 

Well, dang. Sorry to see you go. Yours is one of the first real reasons I've heard to throw in the towel. Good luck.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Getting registered for managed payments is an aggravating process. The form I submitted from my bank was rejected the first time. I sent in the exact same form a second time and it was approved.

You might want to reconsider getting another bank account. I got an online one (Simple bank - but there are many others). I did it for a couple of reasons, but mostly because I didn't want eBay being able to pull money out of my regular bank account. I like keeping it separate. Money gets deposited into the account. I pay shipping with a credit card through paypal, then pay the shipping amount to my credit card from the eBay bank account. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Credit Union is not a problem. My checking is CU.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Credit Unions do not qualify.

Sure they do.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Have your wife add your name to the checking account.   It is simple to do.

When I needed to upload a statement to MP from my small town bank, I uploaded a screen shot from online banking showing my name and the account and routing numbers.  That was accepted.

Laurie
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

What’s going to happen with the 84 items have listed currently?

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I  opened a second CU checking account to keep eBay separated from personal monies.

Click, click, click. New account

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

They will continue to run until they expire or are sold. You just won't be able  \to create new listings. And, yes, most credit unions are acceptable for managed payment checking accounts. Just open a new checking account there in your name. You don't want them having access to your main account, or your wife's.

Sounds like a good idea. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@joshua24fan wrote:

Either add  have your wife add your name to the checking account OR add your wifes name to your ebay account.

I changed my personal info on ebay so that it's in my husband's name just to be safe because I know that the names have to match exactly on ebay and the checking account. 

He is the primary on our checking account and I didn't want to deal with the issues that others are having.  So far almost 2 months in and smooth sailing.  🙂 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@joshua24fan wrote:

What’s going to happen with the 84 items have listed currently?

It is likely that all MP wants is the name on your bank account to match the Registered name on your Ebay account.  

Have you tried having your name added to your wife's account?  Make sure it is a checking account.  Or open up a checking account in your name and then attach that to MP.  It is likely that is all they are looking for, a match up between the Ebay account set up and the bank account set up.

As to your items, they will stay posted and can sell if someone stops buy to purchase them.  The money would be processed via PP like it always has for you.  But in time Ebay wouldn't allow you to create any new listings or revise any listings you currently had posted, until you move into MP.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

legilb_28
Adventurer

I hated Paypal.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

If you are not helping then shut up.  We don't need trolls we need to use Credit Unions because they offer lower rates than banks.  So it is business on our part as well.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply