cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get pay on my final auctions through PayPal since I'm not going to use managed payment

Hello,

I have a few auctions that are going to end on the 31/Dec will they let the payments go through Paypal if the buyers pay after 31?

Right now I don't have a checking account I don't plan on getting one. I only have a saving account.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Will I get pay on my final auctions through PayPal since I'm not going to use managed payment

If you have not been told that you need to provide a checking account number and information to become verified for MP, then yes, you'll still get paid through PayPal.

If you have been asked to register for MP, then there's a good chance your money will be held. They're forcing as many sellers as they can in before the end of the year.

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

Right now I don't have a checking account I don't plan on getting one. I only have a saving account.

@gadgetmans_attic 

Totally off topic, but I'm curious how you conduct your personal business without a checking account? How do you pay utility bills like electric/gas, cable (or whatever similar subscription television/video service), telephone (whether cell or landline), insurance, property/vehicle taxes, etc?

I'm sure some of those local bills can be paid with cash, if a person drives around delivering payments, but what about payments that aren't local? Do you pay everything with a credit card? But then, how do you make your credit card payment? Do you pay it online from your savings account, since you can't send them a check?

I know these are terribly personal questions, but I'm so curious! 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

@gadgetmans_attic 

Totally off topic, but I'm curious how you conduct your personal business without a checking account? How do you pay utility bills like electric/gas, cable (or whatever similar subscription television/video service), telephone (whether cell or landline), insurance, property/vehicle taxes, etc?

I'm sure some of those local bills can be paid with cash, if a person drives around delivering payments, but what about payments that aren't local? Do you pay everything with a credit card? But then, how do you make your credit card payment? From your savings account?

OP could easily pay all bills through on-line banking from whatever kind of accounts they have, except CD accounts.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

I know a few people who live without a Bank Account.  They cash their checks for  a small fee and pay everything in Cash or a Money Order.

There are people who a Bank will not allow them to have a Checking Account.  There is no requirement that a Bank has to accept anyone who wants to use them.  If you have unresolved issues at another Bank, good luck opening a account at another Bank.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Or any merchant or payments processor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blacklisting.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Your Auctions that were started before your induction date into MP will still come through PayPal. The buyer's payment date won't matter... the sale date is what you're interested in. Good luck.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

online banking has been available for years...

haven't written a check in many many years...

am sure many folks don't use checking accounts!

this is 2020 so those days are long gone for many...

how people pay their bills is entirely a private, personal choice...

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

You can also pay your bills and get a credit card with a non "bank" fiduciary like Fidelity Investments.  Get a brokerage account, fill it up with cash, set up autopay with your utilities etc.  You can set up automatic deposites for your paychecks with them.  No "bank" needed.  And you can trade stocks with it.  Plus you can get a Fidelity credit card and you pay the credit card via transfers from the brokerage account as you make money in the stock market.  Works great.  No "bank" needed.  If you go with Interactive Brokers, their margin loan rate is like 1.75%.  You really don't have to have a "bank" checking account to survive.  

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@rebell45 wrote:

If you have not been told that you need to provide a checking account number and information to become verified for MP, then yes, you'll still get paid through PayPal.

If you have been asked to register for MP, then there's a good chance your money will be held. They're forcing as many sellers as they can in before the end of the year.

This is the message I got, update your account details by Dec 31, 2020 to continue creating new listings. It's that simple

girl copy.PNG

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@gadgetmans_attic wrote:

@gadgetmans_attic 

I'm sure some of those local bills can be paid with cash, if a person drives around delivering payments, but what about payments that aren't local? Do you pay everything with a credit card? But then, how do you make your credit card payment? Do you pay it online from your savings account, since you can't send them a check?

There's more than one way to pay bills.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I'm not the OP but you can use prepaid debit cards like AccountNow, or even Paypal.  I went for years without a checking account and that was before all the flexibility we have now with money handling and payment methods.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

i would check paypel first before i send a package  after this year you dont want ebay pocketing that money or holding it and then not being able to get it 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

i saw that stupid email too been refreshing  my listings before the end of the year so i have maybe a chance to have 30 days  on each  left before they end . been looking at other sites too when am forced off 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

ebay might be doing numerous refunds to buyers that do not get there items sent to them  say for several days then open a case,as they can not force a buyer to send.😜 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply