cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Fees

With the old payment system (the one that actually worked), the customer would pay for the item and shipping (they chose USPS or FedEx). With USPS the cost of the shipping label was taken out of my PayPal account immediately and FedEx was added to my monthly eBay invoice. It was a good, workable system. My problem now, besides the fact that I hate waiting to long to receive MY money, is that I don't know where the money for shipping is going -- it isn't going into my personal bank account with the money received for the purchased item. So where is that money for shipping going?! 

I did put some money into my PayPal account to help cover shipping, but depositing money costs money. This is a horrible inconvenience  and an extra cost that I would never have had to deal with if eBay stayed with the old payment system.

I've been a member since 2007 and now I have to consider leaving. All I want is that money for shipping so I don't have to keep digging in my own bank account! (I am truly, truly UPSET!) If there was a way to get out of MP I would do it right now.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Shipping Fees

Now that you are using MP, the buyer's shipping money goes to your MP account, along with the rest of their payment to you.

When you purchase your eBay Shipping labels, you have the choice to continue to pay using your Paypal account, or to have the label cost deducted from your MP pending fundings.

If you opt for Paypal, instead of adding money to your account balance, do you have a credit or debit card linked to your Wallet?  Paypal always wants to use your balance first to pay for shipping labels.  If you don't have enough in your balance, they will go to your pre-determined back up funding source.  You can set your debit/credit card as the back up.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shipping Fees

I'm having the same problem, shipping is still coming out of paypal. How do I switch to the managed payments balance? I've been over the whole website trying to find it. Their "help" articles are no use!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Shipping Fees

@jebndal wrote:

I'm having the same problem, shipping is still coming out of paypal. How do I switch to the managed payments balance? I've been over the whole website trying to find it. Their "help" articles are no use!

When at the label page....... before paying, and printing.................   scroll down, and look at the lower left.

There should be an option to select "PP or MP for funding the label.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipping Fees

@jebndal wrote:

@jebndal 

I've been in MP for over a year-and-a-half. I use my bank account for shipping, keeping a zero PP balance.

The answer to your  question is to shimmy to the bottom of the label page and change the payment method from PayPal to 'Change to Pending Payout'. Once you select that, it becomes your new default. Good luck.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping Fees

Thank you! I will look for that when i ship next. I have my automatic payment set to my debit card, payments to my business account. I just couldn't figure out how paypal was still an option ugh! This was getting on my nerves. Thank you for your help

Message 6 of 6
latest reply