cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Spend prepaid visa cards not working anymore

I've been having a problem with the Secure Spend prepaid visa cards. I've been using these since February and as recently as May with absolutely NO problems, but since last Thursday, I haven't been able to buy anything here. I keep getting "Your payment didn't go through" notices at checkout. I've been able to use the cards just fine on Amazon, Target, Big Bad Toy Store, even through the Blizzard store buying in-game content. This is equal parts odd and frustrating.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Same here, just trying to buy a taillight assembly for my truck, but it asks me to check balance or try a different card.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Are those like the Vanilla Visa cards? If yes,  they can't be used here anymore.  There were 2 posts last week from 2 different persons.  They were told to use them at a physical store.   Did you try calling the # on the back to confirm?

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Same here it's not fair it's not right someone please get it changed again and eBay did not give not give no notification I think it's the card company I reach out to b.b.b.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I KNOW for an absolute fact that the whole "only used them in a physical store" line is not true because I then tried buying from Amazon, Target, and Big Bad Toy Store. ALL of those sites accept my payment with that card. Accepted, Processed, Shipped, and even a couple of them already delivered. I saw a post a day or so ago from somebody that said eBay told them it was a techinal issue that they're trying to fix, but had no specific time table. Eventually we'd be able to use the cards again, but we won't know until we can.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Why don' t you write to Ebay via Facebook and ask them if these cards are accepted here for purchases. They should know the answer.  If ebay decided to not allow them here, contacting the better business bureau is useless.     So spend your card elsewhere.  Nothing that can be done if that is what ebay decided.

If it's a technical error, try in a few days.  Ebay  has had a lot of glitches lately.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I'm fine with eBay deciding to no longer accept these cards as a form of payment here, but I think that's a big enough change to warrant advanced notice, don't you? If these cards are not longer good here, it would've been nice for eBay to send out a statement like: "Prepaid cards will not longer be accepted after such-and-such date". I don't think that's the case right now though, and it's a technical issue. However, if eBay does decide to do something like that in the future, some notice would be nice. We wouldn't like to be caught off guard like that, and I'm sure sellers wouldn't appreciate a bunch of people out of the blue not being able to pay either. TRANSPARENCY PLEASE!

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Similar issue, fine prior to this month, using vanilla visa. Not working on Ebay Checkout or through Paypal, i imagine they are linked and paypal is not accepting them, didn’t even get verification transaction of $1 to get Code to validate.

Vanilla cards do not rely on registering like older ones purchased with mygiftcardmall.com on the back. AND the prepaid gift card worked online with other sites.

I fixed my issue by taking the Prepaid card to a local store and used it plus more cash for a Ebay specific gift card.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

This issue still hasn't been fixed....

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Appearently from what the rep told me is that some prepaid credit card providers are no longer doing business with ebay,  & there's no confirmed list of what those providers are yet. so you have to call the card provider to see if they still participate with ebay before buying. also said the easy solution is to just buy the ebay gift card, which woulda been nice to know ahead of time

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I used a linked Vanilla Card on eBay for a purchase on 6/22 and a refund on 6/30.

However, Vanilla Card would not like to Paypal.  This was not a PP restriction but a restriction from the VC bank.  The bank said the VC could not be used for a "mobile wallet" whatever that means.

I think I talked to someone at VISA and they rattled of a whole bunch of gift cards that do work with Mobile Wallet, but I didn't write any down.  You cannot tell from gift card packaging whether they work with MW.

Then there is the MetaBank / Pathward problem where cards randomly do not work at brick and mortar stores for large payments.

Ho can VISA put their name on these fly by night operations?  Maybe it's an indication of just what kind of folks VISA is.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Same issue with my card, worked fine on temu buy no go on ebay!? 9 _2_23 bummed out, cause im losing my bid...

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Gift Cards no longer accepted by eBay - said their rep that I talked to last night.  eBay has Gift Cards like Amazon, but they are hard to find locally depending on where you live.

RE:  VANILLA VISA GIFT CARD:   Mine worked last June and was not linkable to Paypal
RE:  CUMoney VISA GIFT CARD:  Would not work on ebay, but WAS linkable to Paypal

For me, I found a Gift Card that links to PP.  Has to do with a card working in a "mobile wallet."  Some do, some don't.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Securespend or ANY card  not working, u need to go thru all shenanigans of a bank acount, all. All daya id photos retine scan fingerprints... it sux big time. They want you to loose ur independence and be a system dot. The Matrix is engulfing us. This i dont like. Theres no logical reason. I want old EBAY back. Hope Temu will become the next ebay. So 3rd world country move. 

Aint this America.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Oh same here!! I'm beyond irritated, been using the card since March no problem , I have a 5 year old grandson waiting on a part for his go kart from me, what's goin on ?!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply