cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout delay

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me on this but I sold something today as of Wednesday but I checked the processing time and it says is not going to complete until Sunday. I thought the processing time is supposed to be within 24 hours when the fund hit the ebay payout. At least it is what happen until today. Anyone else having the same problem?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Payout delay

The ACH system isn’t that highly evolved and still doesn’t process transactions during weekends or holidays.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@foolery88 

Once Ebay releases the Payout it goes into the ACH banking system.  Ebay has ZERO control over the funds anymore.  The banks are in control.  And while the money is in the hands of the ACH Ebay does NOT earn interest on the funds as Ebay is no longer in possession of the funds.

How fast money moves through the ACH system is completely in the hands of the banking system and the receiving bank.  Not all receiving banks are as quick to notify their customer that the money has arrived.

I'm not sure that interest is compounded by the minute.  I've always hear compounded daily.

Your delay in receiving can be all your bank.  Some banks are just slower.  Speaking for myself only, I use BOA, and my deposits from Ebay arrive in less than 24 hours every time.  I have my funds transferred on Tuesdays.  Now oddly enough my deposits from Amazon, to the same bank, take about three days on the average.  From the time they tell me they have release it to the time it actually lands.  I got nothing for why that happens.

It could be that the various agencies don't investigate because they aren't seeing a huge issue with this.  But you can absolutely report to your state AG office if you feel there is something wrong happening here.

BTW, how long has this been happening on your account?  How often do you have money transferred from your MP account?  What type of bank do you use?  Is it a big bank, more local, a credit union or some other?  It all matters.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Emphasis on when eBay releases the payout... And it's not only with the ACH transactions.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

@foolery88 wrote:

Emphasis on when eBay releases the payout... And it's not only with the ACH transactions.

They ONLY issue Payouts via ACH, so what other types of transactions are you referring to.

When Ebay issues the email to the seller the corresponding tracking number in the ACH is issue and available to the seller.  You are trying to make this seem something it is not.

@foolery88 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 19
latest reply