cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Option To Link A Bank Account

Hello,

I don't know what I did when I recently created this account, but I do not have the option to link a bank account in Payments; it's only Credit or Debit Card. 

When I attempt to list an item, I receive an error message that my personal information needs to be verified, along with a link to PayPal instructions (which is strange, since ebay split with PayPal).

Anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this? I'm at the point of trying to open a fresh ebay account.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: No Option To Link A Bank Account

It's not that complicated.  If you can't follow the links in my message 13 maybe you do need to sell on FB. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Hi

I was having the same problem when trying to get my idle account going again. When I tried to change payment options it would take me to a "start seller account" page, even though I already had an account.

I just followed the prompts, it auto filled my old details and eventually got to a section where you can add new bank details.  It didn't start a 2nd account, just fixed my existing one.

Also you can try creating a new listing, it should let you fill out a certain amount of details about what you're selling until it takes you to a section to change bank details.

The whole thing is clunky and probably makes customers go to other platforms.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

It may not be that complicated for you, but it seems there are a ton of people online who are having the same exact problem. I have three masters degrees, an online cooking show, and I am a former sound astronaut, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to add a bank account to eBay as a potential new seller. Rather than being so shocked and overwhelmed by the fact that others can’t follow you, perhaps give some constructive advice or leave it for a smarter person from this point forward.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I guess you'll never get it if you can't follow the link I provided to add your checking account, or the link to add a payment method for seller fees. I don't  know how I can be more constructive than that, and if someone else has a different link they're welcome to share it. It's  not a matter of me letting a smarter person help you as I am not stopping anyone from helping you or anyone else on this thread. 

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@brick.yeti wrote:

Hi

I was having the same problem when trying to get my idle account going again. When I tried to change payment options it would take me to a "start seller account" page, even though I already had an account.

I just followed the prompts, it auto filled my old details and eventually got to a section where you can add new bank details.  It didn't start a 2nd account, just fixed my existing one.

Also you can try creating a new listing, it should let you fill out a certain amount of details about what you're selling until it takes you to a section to change bank details.

The whole thing is clunky and probably makes customers go to other platforms.

This is the solution. I started a new selling account several months ago and spent days trying to figure this out until I finally found some buried thread on here that said to start a new listing to trigger the prompt.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

idk

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Hello,

I get the same error, followed both links it, takes you to the Payments page, and the only payment type I'm allowed to add is Credit/Debit card, no add bank account is listed.

When I try to create a sellers account (which I already have but keep getting asked to set one up again) it throws a can't verify error.

When I create a listing to sell, I finish my list and click to post, it says oh, one more thing then shows the can't verify error.

When I try to add a payment method on the sellers account page under payment methods for sellers fees, (automatic payments show none), I click change it shows the can't verify page.

My email and phone are verified, nothing else has changed, deleted my card from the payments like the links said and it will still only allow a card to be added.

Chatted with customer service three time, each time they say log out and wait for 24 hrs then try again, each time same results.

Went to site map, tried sign up for auto payments, choose auto payment method, sign up for direct pay, all take me to the can't verify page.

On that can't verify page the continue link does nothing also...

Payment Methods.png

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I had the same problem as you. I've been working on finding a solution for days until I came upon this post that solved my problem. After I did this "add bank account" appeared in the "payments" setting. BTW fab_finds4u is way out of line.

Can't add bank account to new account - FIX
oddz_n_endz
oddz_n_endz
Adventurer
(
feedbacks
star level) View listings
‎04-24-2022 09:32 AM

I've seen this topic a few times and, after opening a new account to sell alternative items, I came across the inability to add my bank account. The option was readily available to add a credit or debit card to buy, but not a bank account to get paid.

Here is the fix, that should be prompted by eBay when opening a new account. (Go figure that it isn't...)

Go to Site Map (https://pages.ebay.com/sitemap.html). Scroll down to My Selling Account, then click on Choose automatic payment method. You will be prompted to establish a seller account, after which time it will offer you the option of adding a bank account. Click to add, then add your information. It's just that simple!

t of line.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I've already tried that, you didn't read my post, every fix I've tried give me the same error.Error.png

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

What is so hard for people to understand, THERE IS NO OPTION TO ADD A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THERE SHOULD BE ONE. LOOK AT THE PICTURES WHERE THE OPTION IS MISSING. Does anyone have a REAL solution to this? 

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

The first link is to attach or update your checking account. The second link is to attach a payment method for seller fees that aren't taken from your payouts.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-automatic-payment-method/up...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method-fees-selling...

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@gpfindzandflipzYES! Thank you! That worked for me!!! I was having the same issue, and your solution fixed my problem, which was the same as others in this thread. If there is NO option to add a bank account, then you have to set up the "Seller's account" via the Site Link under "Choose Automatic Payment," as you cannot find that link elsewhere. Once I clicked that link and completed the setup steps, the Sellers screens changed and provided all the expected info. That is confusing as eBay makes it seem like you are already a seller. It appears for some people you are not a seller until you complete those steps, even though you can create a listing before you create a Sellers Account. LOL.

@fab_finds4u needs to update their advice to "SETUP a SELLERS account" Those links they provided are not valid for this issue and are part of the old system. I am grateful that they wish to help, but they also need to be nicer to people and understand if more than one person is having the same exact issue then something is broken in the system. They also should "look" at the error and see the user clearly did not have the Add Bank Option. That is the case for this issue. It should be reported to eBay support.

Happy Selling! 🙂

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Hi mate please don't patronise.

I have been on ebay since 2008 with 700 transactions and am having the same issue setting up a new page.

There is a glitch.

Keep smiling.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I fixed it by listing an item, it then runs you through business or personal seller ONBOARDING account settings that may have been dismissed or never presented at an earlier time during the ebay overhaul..

Go to sell, list an item. go through onboarding setup, bank will automatically be a payment requirement towards end. Make sure to send EBAY a PAYPAL invoice for time wasted at the end.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply