cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money stuck with Ebay. Unable to change Payoneer account

My Payoneer account was closed due to mismatching details (not sure why this happened as the details I uploaded were correct). Anyway, the Payoneer help pages advised me to start a new Payoneer account, which I successfully did.

So now that I have a new Payoneer account, I tried to switch the Payoneer payout account on my Ebay selling page. However, it doesn't let me do so (error message, unable to verify details). I contacted Ebay customer support, who tells me I am not allowed to change my linked Payoneer account and need to start a new seller account to do so.

But that doesn't solve the problem of pending funds from sales which I am now unable to get out of my Ebay selling account. 

At a loss for what to do. Will I need to start legal proceedings to get my money back?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try this. 

Don't  try to remove the Payoneer account that's closed. Just try to update/add the new account.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

In the US, if the seller can't be paid, the money will be turned over to the sellers state unclaimed property and the seller can get the money from their state.

Not sure how they do it in other countries?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I tried this, but it didn't work either. Payoneer is telling me that my ebay account has been successfully linked, but the ebay side is still showing an error:

Unfortunately you can't link this Payoneer account

We couldn't verify your updated details. Please review them and try again.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm based on the Singapore site. Not really sure about the policy on unclaimed funds here.

Will update if I find out. Am getting legal advice on this at the moment.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@namazu wrote:

I'm based on the Singapore site. Not really sure about the policy on unclaimed funds here.

Will update if I find out. Am getting legal advice on this at the moment.

You'll probably get more help from your home site with the Payoneer issue.

Here in the US, we don't use Payoneer and know very little about it.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 6
latest reply