cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments

Any alternative way of buying and selling on ebay without using checking accounts? I don't care about fees. I enjoy just using my paypal balances and not worrying about what's happening with my checking account.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Managed Payments

@joshua24fan wrote:

Any alternative way of buying and selling on ebay without using checking accounts? I don't care about fees. I enjoy just using my paypal balances and not worrying about what's happening with my checking account.

Currently Buyers can also use Credit Cards,  google-pay, apple-pay to make purchases. pssst, don't tell everyone, wink wink  I also hear cattle, chickens and seashells may soon be acceptable forms of payment. 

By sometime in 2021 Most sellers will have to use a checking account. Some now have already committed to doing so.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Members can still buy with their PayPal accounts, but PayPal is no longer offered for sellers to use for the management of the proceeds from their transactions, paying their fees, etc. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

To receive money you have to use a checking account. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I will never trust ebay with my bank account information, even if it means that I have to stop using ebay for anything.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Good bye and Good luck. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

There are some small sellers that do as you do.  Sell to spend.  They are upset like you that this will change as in MP your funds will go to your bank account and not to PP.  I see you have not yet entered MP, so you can continue as usual for now.  But sometime before the year ends you will likely be notified that you are moving into MP.  

Nothing will change at that point for you as a buyer, but it will for you as a seller.  You will then need to transfer from your checking account into PP whatever funds you want to spend if that is what you prefer to do.  I know that method can be a good way to budget stuff.

Keep in mind that even though what you currently are doing, selling to spend, is absolutely fine, not a darn thing wrong with that.  You do however still need to claim your income on your tax returns.  Less expenses of course.  And on your used items you can't claim what you originally paid for them as a cost unless you are buying to resale.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Every time you write and hand a check to someone you've never seen before, all your bank information is printed on the check (account number, routing number, name, address and phone number), the SAME information that eBay is asking for.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@wrong66 wrote:

Every time you write and hand a check to someone you've never seen before, all your bank information is printed on the check (account number, routing number, name, address and phone number), the SAME information that eBay is asking for.

Yes, and I have NO IDEA why it's so hard to get this across to people.  I think we're too busy teaching coding in schools and forgetting critical thinking.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 9
latest reply