cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Registration

Good morning,

Facing a deadline of January 25th to sign up for managed payments, I threw in the towel and attempted to sign up this morning. During the registration process eBay suggested I "upgrade" my account to a business account. I opened a checking account online with Chase for managed payments only and it is a personal account. I believe this to be the reason I get the dreaded "cannot confirm account" message on the managed payments page.  Is there anyway I can switch my eBay account back to a personal account or will I need to start from scratch at Chase with a business checking account?

Thanks,

-C

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Managed Payments Registration

Yep, my header is Business Info and there is no section for Account Type. Go figure!

-C

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

So a very nice English speaking lady just called me from eBay. She said it was an unpublished, but known, glitch that business accounts are unable to switch back to personal accounts via the link you published, @comics-scifi-collectibles She added me to the list for accounts that needed to be fixed.

In the meantime she suggested I contact Chase because the bug *might* be that the routing number they gave me for the account might not be the one they use to process ACH transactions such as Ayden. She also suggested I get, on letterhead, the account details and upload it as others have had to do.  

In my 22 years on eBay that had to be the most helpful person I've ever talked with..lol

But thank YOU for all your help. I've greatly appreciated it!

-C

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@68barbie   Glad, you were taken care of.  I hope you can get your money moving soon. 

Thanks for letting me know about the glitch.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Update just in case this will help someone else:  I was using a PO box for my primary address since I live in a rural area & that's what is required by my post office.  However, eBay requires the physical street address to be primary.  Once that was changed, with the assistance of a customer service rep, it all worked.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Selling here must not be that important to you?

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

The terms are a non-starter. You must waive professional secrecy and allow the dissemination of information to others without limit; thus, a marketplace that allows PP for payments is prudent and wise if not robust. There's the MP experience which we'll call "doable" for lack of a better term. But the terms drive home a level of exposure and risk I can't look to think or find anywhere else outside of these types of marketplaces.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of sight, out of mind.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@angwjea wrote:

i saw that message too it sucks that my selling days on here are over 😪

@angwjea   Just an FYI mercari and Etsy and use the same payout process

Amazon takes 2 weeks to payout. 

This is the way payouts are done with all major selling sites.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

You aren’t alone... rip eBay off like a bandaid 🩹 

There are alternatives that aren’t as intrusive. 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I cannot get past Step #3 when registering for Managed Payments. Get an error message every time. eBay has been telling me for 30 days that they are working on it. Any thoughts??

Message 24 of 24
latest reply