cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments Registration

Good morning,

Facing a deadline of January 25th to sign up for managed payments, I threw in the towel and attempted to sign up this morning. During the registration process eBay suggested I "upgrade" my account to a business account. I opened a checking account online with Chase for managed payments only and it is a personal account. I believe this to be the reason I get the dreaded "cannot confirm account" message on the managed payments page.  Is there anyway I can switch my eBay account back to a personal account or will I need to start from scratch at Chase with a business checking account?

Thanks,

-C

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@68barbie wrote:

No, that page is headed as "Business Info" with subsections for Username, Contact Info, Payment Options, Business Details and Owner's Details. If I try to change the business type under Business Details it's just to change the operating entity type, i.e. Sole Proprietor, Corp/LLC or Partnership. 

-C

@68barbie   UGH I hate when ebay shows us different things on the same page

This is what I see... then again I am not signed up for a business account.  

personal info.PNG

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I've been in since August of 2019. I signed up with my (decades old) personal account. Hmmm...

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

I requested a callback from eBay reps but know from experience that help from long-time members on these boards is likely to be more productive. I'm trying to decide if I should end all my listings until I get this resolved lest my monies hang out there in some kind of black hole. I had one auction running, with no bids yet, so I ended it to head off any potential problems.

-C

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

"To set up and use your account for Managed Payments, you must:..."

"Provide us with all information which we may require for purposes that include: verifying your identity, complying with applicable anti-money laundering and sanctions screening obligations, allowing us to manage settlements of your transaction proceeds, and assessing fraud and risk. If you are an individual, this information may include, without limitation, your full name, address, phone number, date of birth, taxpayer identification number, bank account information, and a form of government-issued identification (e.g., a copy of your identity card or driver’s license). If you are a business, this information may include, without limitation, your full business name, address, phone number, entity type, bank account information, tax identification number, and business number, in addition to details regarding your beneficial owner(s), director(s), officer(s), authorized representative, and/or primary contact, such as name, contact information, nationality, title, and government-issued identification (such as a United States Social Security Number). You understand that we will be unable to settle your proceeds or issue you any tax documents (such as a United States Internal Revenue Service Form 1099-K) if you do not provide or appropriately update us with accurate contact information and other requested data."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In their drive to compile as much information as they can about you, too much is never enough. This introduces risk both on the part of eBay and the seller, who is now really a supplier under the MP terms. eBay tries to all but absolve itself of any liability should the train jump the tracks:

"Our Liability

If we have acted with reasonable precautions and/or in accordance with our legal obligations, we are not liable for any unauthorized, incorrectly, unexecuted, or delayed payment transactions when such issues were caused by abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control."

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Like mtgraves, I, too, am using a personal bank acct.

My problem, at registration, was that my eBay acct didn't include my middle initial.  My bank acct does have the middle initial.  Updated eBay eBay acct and it went through.

Could that be your problem?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

i saw that message too it sucks that my selling days on here are over 😪

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

All good things must come to an end.
------------------------------------------------------------------
eBay

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to register for managed payments and can't get past the demographics page.  I get an error message every time.  Today I'm trying again to reach a customer service rep for assistance and have received this message:   "Sorry, this contact channel will be closed before an agent is available to speak with you today. Please try again tomorrow."

My sign up deadline is 1/22.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

hopefully that was the issue i was having .... bank account has middle initial (tho my checks do not) and ebay account has no middle initial ....

Barb
i don't suffer from insanity ~~ i enjoy it ...
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@68barbie   You can try switching your eBay account back to a personal account. 

What matters is that the name and address on your eBay account must match the bank account exactly.    I had to add my middle name to my ebay account.

The option to request a call back is turned off when the que is full.  The best time to request a call back is 5 am PT.  

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I don't see an option to switch it back! 😞  That's why I wanted to talk to a rep, who still hasn't called back since 8am PST. I will call Chase tomorrow and ask them to confirm how my name is listed on the checking account, i.e. middle initial or no, etc.

I, too, debated on whether to make the switch to MP or just bid a fare-thee-well to selling after 22 years. I don't sell a lot and the risk is sometimes too great for an occasional seller like me. I just said to h^%$ with it and tried this morning. Sometimes I wish my guardian angel would speak a little louder and remind me ,"You might regret this!" 🙂

-C

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@68barbie   There isn't an edit option next to account type on this page?>>

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/profile

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

No, that page is headed as "Business Info" with subsections for Username, Contact Info, Payment Options, Business Details and Owner's Details. If I try to change the business type under Business Details it's just to change the operating entity type, i.e. Sole Proprietor, Corp/LLC or Partnership. 

-C

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@68barbie  @stuff-from-jewel-and-the-gang  @katwalker23 

Also check your birthdate is the same on eBay as your bank account. Some have found that detail to be the issue. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@68barbie wrote:

-C

@68barbie   UGH I hate when ebay shows us different things on the same page

This is what I see... then again I am not signed up for a business account.  

personal info.PNG

Message 15 of 24
latest reply