cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payments: Please ensure that the billing address you entered matches the address on the card

I'm at a loss what to do here. I can't get past the adding a credit card part because no matter what card I use, it constantly tells me that the billing address doesn't match. My billing address is correct and I've tried multiple cards (I think around 7) including my dad's cards. All of them give me the same error. Messaging eBay resulted in a very useless answer.

What can I do to complete this step?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Managed Payments: Please ensure that the billing address you entered matches the address on the card

I'm having the same issue.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Check to be sure your address in your eBay account is the SAME as your credit card billing address. If it varies at all there won't be a match. 

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

It is the same.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

I see you are in Japan. You are currently in eBay.com USA

Log out and try logging in here >https://www.ebay.co.jp see if that makes a difference.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

That shouldn't matter. And I want to use ebay in English. But I tried it anyway and the seller hub just redirects me back to ebay.com.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

If you can't use a credit card to apply for managed payments then you may need to use your checking account.

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

It same the same problem, any solution?? i'm check my bank 3 or 4 times is all correct, i have mexico ebay and wanna connect my debit card EEUU.

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

You need a banking routing number to get funds....not the debit or credit card usually. Usually everyone has a checking account...you need the routing number to receive your funds from that checking account.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

We the same issue. Do you have any update?

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Linking Payoneer Accounts  

You need a Payoneer account

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

I have the same issue here!! do you have any updates? 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@surrel wrote:

I'm at a loss what to do here. I can't get past the adding a credit card part because no matter what card I use, it constantly tells me that the billing address doesn't match. My billing address is correct and I've tried multiple cards (I think around 7) including my dad's cards. All of them give me the same error. Messaging eBay resulted in a very useless answer.

What can I do to complete this step?

Are you trying to pay for an item? If so, then this is not a Managed Payments issue.

If you are trying to register for selling, you have to sign up for Managed Payments. Because your registered account is in Japan, you will need to create and link a Payoneer account, which should be done as part of the process for signing up for managed payments (that's the best way). You can't use a credit card to receive payments, but you do need to provide a backup payment method, in case your account doesn't have enough funds available to pay for eBay fees or customer refunds. If you can't use a credit card for that, you can try linking a bank account.

The name needs to match as well as the billing address.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@wichoux_700 wrote:

It same the same problem, any solution?? i'm check my bank 3 or 4 times is all correct, i have mexico ebay and wanna connect my debit card EEUU.

This is NOT the same problem.

If you are in Mexico, then you need to update your registered address to show your address in Mexico. You can't register with a USA address if you live in Mexico.

You need to change your registered address to be correct, before you try to register for Managed Payments. Once you have started the registration process, even if you can't complete it, then you can't change the country in your registered address. If you have done that, then you will need to start a new account and make sure that the registered address is correct before you register for MP.

I believe that Mexico accounts need to register for Managed Payments with a Payoneer account, not a bank acocunt or debit card.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Hi @surrel were you able to fix the problem? 
I have the same issue !

Message 15 of 34
latest reply