cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payment Questions ..

Hello.  Some of you older posters may remember me from a few years ago.  I have not posted in the boards in quite some time as I have gotten a part time job out of the house and that takes up my time.   I rarely post any new items .. just my old clothes that I am no longer wearing/using but even that rarely happens.  

I have bascially just kept my large inventory (hoard .. lol) from the days when I was actively running my store on a daily basis listed in attempt to sell whatever I can before I just pack it all in and bring off to try to unload what i can at consignment shops and donate the rest.

With how little I sell the end may be coming sooner than planned as often at the end the month when they take out fees for store, etc I just about break even in my invoice.   Extremely little profits some months.  Decisions.

And that said this new managed payment thing may be the proverbial nail in the coffin.  Have many questions ..

1) Firslty, I have not signed up for it yet and from what I have gathered it has to be done this month.  Where do I do that?  Is there a link somewhere on eBay' s site?

2) If I do not do sign up for it will it disrupt my old listings?  Can they still stay set up they way they were with paypal as the payment method?  Does it only effect new listing or ALL .. including old .. listings?   

In other words do I have to sign up for it even if all I am tryingi to do is move old inventory, not making any new listings .. do I need to do it simpy to sell on eBay now in any capacity period?

3) will buyers still have the choice if they wish to pay with paypal?  Is there something I have to do on my end so that they can buy with paypal if they so wish?  And speaking of that as a buyer can I still use paypal?

I do not understand why eBay is doing this. Paypal is an innovative company with stock price going through the roof.   They are the leader in onine payment processing.  It was working very well with my eBay sales and I was happy.  I m pleased paypal user.  Why is eBay trying to reinvent the wheel with this?  Illogical .. they should be putting their operations budget into more important things to keep themselves relevant in the marketplace!

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Because there are many buyers that don’t want to go thru a third party in this case PayPal tp pay for their items. eBay has noticed more buyers abandoning their purchase because they are directed to PayPal to complete their purchase. Also, by switching to managed payments eBay is able to capture some of the revenue PayPal was making processing payments for eBay sellers. Another reason for managed payments is the ability to offer buyer more choice on how they pay. Buyers can now use Apple Pay or Google Pay in addition to PayPal.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Buyers will be able to pay with paypal, credit, debit, Google pay,  apple pay and ebay gift cards.   All payouts will go to your checking account. 

These are the frequently asked questions I receive.  Let me know If you have any other questions>

Ebay's contract with PayPal is ending and they have signed a new one with Adyen to be the fund processor.  

If you have been "invited" to sign up then you must do so by the deadline you were given if you wish to keep selling on eBay.

Your SS# is required for anti-money laundering laws and in case a 1099K is required.  Paypal had your SS#.  

Your Checking account information is needed to be able to receive your payout.

The name and address on your ebay account and checking account must match EXACTLY. I had to add my middle name to my ebay account.

You can use pending funds to pay for your shipping labels.  Select the option at the bottom of the label form.  It will stay this way until you change it again.

Introduction to managed payments:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=1...

Seller central has an info graph that explains the payout timelines:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/managed-payments-on-ebay.html 

Where to look on your ebay account to keep track of your payouts:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

1) Firslty, I have not signed up for it yet and from what I have gathered it has to be done this month. Where do I do that? Is there a link somewhere on eBay' s site?

You are not required to sign up until you receive eBay's sign-up-for-Managed-Payments-or-else email.  I'm not sure whether there is a link where you can volunteer for MP.

2) If I do not do sign up for it will it disrupt my old listings? Can they still stay set up they way they were with paypal as the payment method? Does it only effect new listing or ALL .. including old .. listings?

The way I understand it...If you don't sign up you will not be allowed any new listings--FP or auctions.  When your old FP listings are ready for their monthly renew/roll-over, they won't.

In other words do I have to sign up for it even if all I am tryingi to do is move old inventory, not making any new listings .. do I need to do it simpy to sell on eBay now in any capacity period?

Once you get that sign-up-or-else email you have to sign up if you want to keep selling on eBay, whatever you are trying to sell.

3) will buyers still have the choice if they wish to pay with paypal? Is there something I have to do on my end so that they can buy with paypal if they so wish? And speaking of that as a buyer can I still use paypal?

Buyers can still pay with PayPal.  The payment options for buyers on your listings will remain as they are now, except that Google Pay will be added.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Very helpful but I do like hit a link I was sent and entire that type of private information for how can I verify the authenticity of who sent me this and verify that link is *really* from eBay.  I am not in the habit of hitting on such links I emailed and esepcially do not to enter my bank accoutn and my ss # in said random emailed link .. way too many possibilities for fraud and hacking.   Is there somewhere right on this site where I can click on to do it .. that way I KNOW for certain it is legimately eBay.  

Your post was extremely helpful to me.  Answered all my questiosn.  Sounds like if I want to try unload the rest of this hoard I *need* to register for this ayden processing.  I still think it's a litte like reinventing the wheel.   I think paypal is a fantastic company.  I use them for purchasing things aside from just on eBay .. easy to send other people money in addiition to buying from stores online.  I really think they are trustworthy company that I feel comforrable managing and prcoessing and delaing with my money.  I trust them.  I know noting about Ayden.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Extremely helpful.  Thank you.  Ony question .. can you tell me if there is somewehre on the eBay site where I can find a link to register with this new payment ayden processing?  It sounds like if I want to move the rest of my hoard I am going to need to do this before the due date. 

Thank you.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

Extremely helpful.  Thank you.  Ony question .. can you tell me if there is somewehre on the eBay site where I can find a link to register with this new payment ayden processing?  It sounds like if I want to move the rest of my hoard I am going to need to do this before the due date. 

Thank you.

@klassic*kids. When it's time for you to sign up eBay will tell you and there will be message on seller hub>Overview >payments 

You can't sign up before eBay notifies you 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

eBay has notified me via an email.  However, I do NOT want to click on that link on the email is what i am saying. I do not feel comfortable clicking on linsk provided in an email.  There is NO way for me to confirm this email and the link are safe and legitmate before I enter in all that secure information - bank, ss # ..

Rather than going through link in email is there an altnernate way I can get to this page to enter in said information? .. is there a page i can find on ebay,com somewhere so I KNOW it is legitamte and not a hacking attempt by scammers with a phony link .. how many people feel secure in giving ALL that secure info to an external link they were emailed? ..

Is not there a way to do it somewhere on ebay.com?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

eBay has notified me via an email.  However, I do NOT want to click on that link on the email is what i am saying. I do not feel comfortable clicking on linsk provided in an email.  There is NO way for me to confirm this email and the link are safe and legitmate before I enter in all that secure information - bank, ss # ..

Rather than going through link in email is there an altnernate way I can get to this page to enter in said information? .. is there a page i can find on ebay,com somewhere so I KNOW it is legitamte and not a hacking attempt by scammers with a phony link .. how many people feel secure in giving ALL that secure info to an external link they were emailed? ..

Is not there a way to do it somewhere on ebay.com?

@klassic*kids    I was on my phone before so I just gave the path and not the link....

You should be able to sign up from here, or there might just be a banner at the top of seller hub>>

seller hub> payments>payout settings>

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/settings

Before you start the sign up make sure that your name and address match your bank EXACTLY.  I had to add my middle name to my profile.  You also can not use a PO box for your registration address 

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/profile

OR click on the word REGISTRATION on this page>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795&st=12&pos=1...

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

If you can't use a PO Box as your registration address will they be OK with giving them a physical address that will never be able to receive any mail?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You can. also find it in your messages on your my ebay account .

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

If you can't use a PO Box as your registration address will they be OK with giving them a physical address that will never be able to receive any mail?

@readabouthorses   As far as I know it's okay.  You just have to have the same address on your bank too.  Not sure how that will work if you have bank statements mailed though.  

You can use your PO box of course for your ship from and to addresses, just not the registration address.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@klassic*kids  Tagging on the last reply.

I did not get an email from ebay, instead I got a direct message to my in box.

The seller hub payments tab changed from “express interest” to “register”

MP.jpg

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I still have not gotten any messages to sign up. If I click on the register link I just get sent back to the info page. POOR info on when I actually have to do this. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@newlifeforoldstuff2 wrote:

I still have not gotten any messages to sign up. If I click on the register link I just get sent back to the info page. POOR info on when I actually have to do this. 

@newlifeforoldstuff2   They are signing sellers up in batches.  You do not have to worry about signing up until eBay notifies you to do so.  

If you have been notified and can not sign up then you will need to contact the payments team. 

The option to request a call back is turned off when the queue is full which happens quickly in the mornings. The best time to request a call back is 5am PT when they open.

If you are using a cell phone be sure to turn off the spam filter as the call back may be blocked.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/submitting-updating-information-managed-payments?id=4...

Message 15 of 16
latest reply