cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payment Questions ..

Hello.  Some of you older posters may remember me from a few years ago.  I have not posted in the boards in quite some time as I have gotten a part time job out of the house and that takes up my time.   I rarely post any new items .. just my old clothes that I am no longer wearing/using but even that rarely happens.  

I have bascially just kept my large inventory (hoard .. lol) from the days when I was actively running my store on a daily basis listed in attempt to sell whatever I can before I just pack it all in and bring off to try to unload what i can at consignment shops and donate the rest.

With how little I sell the end may be coming sooner than planned as often at the end the month when they take out fees for store, etc I just about break even in my invoice.   Extremely little profits some months.  Decisions.

And that said this new managed payment thing may be the proverbial nail in the coffin.  Have many questions ..

1) Firslty, I have not signed up for it yet and from what I have gathered it has to be done this month.  Where do I do that?  Is there a link somewhere on eBay' s site?

2) If I do not do sign up for it will it disrupt my old listings?  Can they still stay set up they way they were with paypal as the payment method?  Does it only effect new listing or ALL .. including old .. listings?   

In other words do I have to sign up for it even if all I am tryingi to do is move old inventory, not making any new listings .. do I need to do it simpy to sell on eBay now in any capacity period?

3) will buyers still have the choice if they wish to pay with paypal?  Is there something I have to do on my end so that they can buy with paypal if they so wish?  And speaking of that as a buyer can I still use paypal?

I do not understand why eBay is doing this. Paypal is an innovative company with stock price going through the roof.   They are the leader in onine payment processing.  It was working very well with my eBay sales and I was happy.  I m pleased paypal user.  Why is eBay trying to reinvent the wheel with this?  Illogical .. they should be putting their operations budget into more important things to keep themselves relevant in the marketplace!

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Managed Payment Questions ..

Yes, I figured that. It would still be nice if they gave everyone a better idea. It is very poor to leave everyone wondering what is going on and I see so many sellers having problems already with it. 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply