cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Shows as READY to SHIP but Payment has not been made

Last week an auction item registered as "Paid - Ready to Ship" but when I went to ship it it came up as NOT PAID & has no address associated with it.

When I went to my Payments Tab I see that FVFs have been taken from my account but no actual payment has been registered.

I contacted the Buyer & have not heard back.

eBay CS was no help in the matter.  I will email the Buyer again & give them 24 hours before I cancel but I am just curious if this has happened to anyone else? I've been selling for 15+ years & have never seen this. I'm wondering if the Buyer's account was hacked or if there was a glitch in the payments program.  I hate to cancel a sale but right now the clock is ticking on my handling time & I've already been charged fees on money I haven't made so...  Anyone else know what's going on?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What reason will you give when you cancel?  If the buyer did not request to cancel then you will get a defect.

Are you sure you have not been paid, or you have been paid but eBay is holding the payment until the item has been delivered?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Check the buyer's page @heathersthriftyfinds09 to see if they're NARU (not a registered user). This is an odd one because FVF isn't charged until the buyer pays. I'm assuming you did not manually mark it as paid because you'd probably remember that.

As long as you have not sent a recent invoice, you should be able to cancel the sale with the reason "buyer didn't pay" but if that option does not appear you may want to contact eBay CS through one of their social accounts for assistance. Send a DM to one of eBay's social CS teams: ebayforbusiness on facebook, ebayforsellers on insta, askebay on X

Let us know how it works out.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply