cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Mandatory to do the "Forced --Managed Payment" to Mess with my Bank Account ? !!

HEY Guys-- How about some Input or Advice here.?   I am being threatened by ebay , that they need my OK... to take over my Bank Account---- to 'Manage Payments'  !!!!       I am totally against this Takeover !  Says I must Comply within a Few Days---OR Else !  I think 'Or Else' means--Not Listing items--or Who Knows ???

***Someone here to Clarify this for me ?    Any Ideas on what to do, before their stated Deadline ?     What a Pain !!     ***  I'm at a loss.  Thank You,  George.

Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Is it Mandatory to do the "Forced --Managed Payment" to Mess with my Bank Account ?

If you are totally against providing eBay with a checking accopunt to deposit your money into, there is no reason to be at a loss.

What's a checking accopunt?

Message 76 of 88
latest reply

Re: Is it Mandatory to do the "Forced --Managed Payment" to Mess with my Bank Account ?

"At least 60% of all Americans believe Twinkies have a shelf life of 10 years"

A Twinkie is probably about 30% oxygen and nitrogen, and probably about 10% water; that's the kinda stuff that breeds bacteria as time goes by; even a month seems a bit risky to me. But I don't know.

Food expiration dates are a conspiracy.

They are designed to get you to throw away perfectly good food to buy more.

Often, it's just a "best quality" date. It is NOT, by in large, a safety date.

Federal law does NOT require any dates, but some states do on some items.

Before the eBay shills froth at the mouth and post how false this is, please do your research first and look up websites for the USDA, The US Food and Drug Administration, the Food Marketing Institute, and the Association of Food, Beverage and Consumer Products Companies, and the Dept of Agriculture in your own state.

As the shills are all liberals, here is a source, too, that they will trust:

Look this up on CNN's site, "Food expired? Don’t be so quick to toss it"

Here's another one they'll believe:

NPR: "For Food Manufacturers, 'Sell By' Labels May Have Reached Their Expiration Date"

Eggs are good for about a month after the date. It they sink, they're good; if they float, they're bad. That's just one example of the common sense stuff us country people know about.

Message 77 of 88
latest reply

Resistance is futile. You must comply.

We have ways of making you sign up.

Message 78 of 88
latest reply

I've been doing a tedious read of the entire User agreement. What I haven't found is the Limited Power of Attorney section. Also in reading I did come across something mentioning irrevocable and inability to amend access to the bank account on record. That was on an older post about the managed payment plan. Post other goodies, if you would,  and at least where it is in the agreement.

stolarsj
Message 79 of 88
latest reply

Sadly yes, but you can thank the government for that one bc they want to tax the little money you may get. However you can do cash app or even a Paypal card, recommend cash app as no fee to reload. You can get a routing number and account number with cash app and a cash card to use solely for EBay sales. A plus to that is if eBay tried to bend you over, which they have tried on me, you can empty any money on the cash app card and eBay has no recourse excpet to sue, and they aren't stupud enough to do that on their flimsy easily one in court by defendant cases. 

Message 80 of 88
latest reply

Won in court, not one, duh!!

Message 81 of 88
latest reply

No need for bank checking. Cash app provides a card and has a routing number and account number. Use one on mine and my wife's accounts. 

Message 82 of 88
latest reply

The issue here, as with many I imagine, is a checking account isn't usually free. I don't typically sell enough to pay the cost and lose money. However as I told others, you can use cash app and they provide a card and no fees. They have routing number and account number to enter for EBay and eBay will deposit your finds there. 

Message 83 of 88
latest reply

You can also get a Paypal card that will have a routing number and account number to still have funds put in PayPal. However PayPal charges a fee to do so. I recommend cash app card with no fees and all else is the same. I use it for managed payments on mine and my wife's account. Two separate cards, one for each with no fees. 

Message 84 of 88
latest reply

You're right, eBay isn't going to "take over" your bank account. However when there is a dispute you are giving eBay the permission to remove money and then good luck at getting it back. A safer way is to use a cash app card which provides a routing number and account number. You can transfer funds to bank after eBay puts funds on cash app card. Ebay can not take out what is not there, no matter what permission they think they have. They have tried it before on me over a dispute but I saw it coming and I closed account before they could do it. 

Message 85 of 88
latest reply

Exactly, thanks for putting smart back side people in their place. 

Message 86 of 88
latest reply

Whether or not MP is something to critize is a matter of your opinion. I did not have a checking account by choice, I did have a Paypal account and that was about it. Now thanks to eBay, or tbh the government wanting taxes for sales over 600 a year, I have to have an account that I don't want in order to get paid what is rightfully mine. However there are ways around the bank checking account that usually do cost the vast majority of people money. Especially those that don't have enough to keep a minimum balance all the time. That said there is cash app which provides a cash card free of charge and a routing and account number just for direct deposit activities. I use one on mine and my wife's account and thus far have had no problem getting paid from ebay. 

Message 87 of 88
latest reply

That applies to giving eBay power to remove finds they say you owe. The way around that is a paypal card or I recommend the cash app card as there are no fees. Both provide a bank name, account and routing numbers for just this type thing. The plus is the cash app and card is free, and even though you give eBay permission to remove finds they claim you owe, of you keep the balance near zero and transfer funds each time you get paid, no matter how much they claim you owe, good luck at getting it. Ebay has a habit of keeping or removing funds when a dispute arises and holding them until THEY determine who is right. Tha have tried it with me, but when there is nothing in the account, they can't get anything. 

Message 88 of 88
latest reply