cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PayPal manditory

Since eBay has taken over Paypal transactions, do I even need a PayPal  account in order to SELL an item?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is PayPal manditory

Nope.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You will need to set up a Managed Payment account.

Sellers do not need Pay Pal since eBay no longer uses Pay Pal to process the payments.

Before Selling it is best to get your managed payment account set up so you can get paid.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just for info.........Ebay didn't "take over paypal", it became a separate independent company in 2015....and since then ebay has gradually taken over the PAYMENTS themselves.........so no, you don't need paypal, however if you need to send an invoice (say......for extra shipping)....you can't do it thru Ebay, so paypal can still be useful........

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@little.font.lord.leroy wrote:

Since eBay has taken over Paypal transactions, do I even need a PayPal  account in order to SELL an item?

Not to sell something - no. You can still use Paypal to pay for things - including paying for the Shipping label on something you sold - but when buying a label Ebay will let you choose to use a portion of the buyer pending funds to pay for that so technically you do not need Paypal there either.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I use Paypal to pay for things and so I do not expose my credit card number everywhere on the internet.  Many places take Paypal for payment besides eBay.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Question: Since eBay has taken over Paypal transactions, do I even need a PayPal  account in order to SELL an item?

Answer:  No.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 7
latest reply