cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got refunded twice. One through buyers protection and one from the seller.

So, my account got hacked last week and the hacker made an unauthorized purchase. I did all the necessary changes (password change, contact ebay, call bank) and all of that is resolved. Since this was being sent to an address that wasn't mine, through contacting ebay, i got my buyers protection activated and said would refund by unauthorized purchase within 5-7 days. Since the purchase could be tracked through my account, I found myself calling the package carrier multiple times to somehow intercept the package before it arrived to its destination. But before all that, I contacted the seller explaining the situation. They said that they immediately made a return request of that package. I was eying that package throughout the entire time it was traveling to that other address. Once it got to the city that address was in, my hope seemed all but lost thinking that the hacker would recieve the item and get away with this. I thought it was too late, but then, the tracking said it was being returned to the sender at the last minute before being delivered to that address. I was so relieved that it wouldnt reach its wrongful destination and it safely arrived back to the seller's business. I contacted the seller confirming it. Now, I have a situation that I got a refund from the seller, thinking this was the only refund I would get, and now, I got a notification that my buyers protection refund was given to me as well. This is policy standards but, now what? 

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0