cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay fee’s

Is it just me, but Ebay fee’s are getting out of control any why is my payout not matching my net  profits on a sale? So my transaction fees were say almost 10 and now my payout shows me they took another 2 as well lol brutal! As a long time seller thinking of moving most if my inventory to my local FM! Too expensive

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay fee’s

To the best of my knowledge, there have been no recent fee increases for sellers.  As a long time seller, you obviously know how to read your invoice; however, can you show us an example  of eBay taking a FVF which is more than you thought it should be?  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Fees are what they are. Bake them into your price but there should not be any surprises. I would be one of the first to say i hate fees and it is getting difficult to sell in certain categories, especially when shipping is getting more expensive. Ebay still has one of the best sites and reaches millions of potential buyers. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Fees out of control........how so?

For over a decade fees were 10% plus 2.9% to PayPal  for a total of 12.9%. Now for most categories it's 13.25% and no PayPal fee.

In total that's  only a fraction of a percent. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hi @bellefeuille1976 

-Did you promote?

-Did you use any upgrades?

-Did you figure the FVFs are based on the Item price + paid shipping from Buyer + Sales tax if applicable

-Was it a foreign buyer with a US forwarding company forcing you to pay the international fee rate?

-Was the item in a category with higher FVFs? (books are 14.95% for non store accounts)

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

FYI..,, it’s just seems high when you say sell a sports card for 50 plus shipping and BTT you get your payout your looking at a 12 fee! 10 bucks on a 50 well 60 if you include taxes just seems high 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well sorty but non of these apply in this case and as for the promotion I’m pretty sure that gets settled at invoice time?? And wouldn’t just be added ?? 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

If I get an International sale instead of a domestic sale I am charged an additional International fee for a buyer using an International credit card from their country.

I would assume it might be the same in Canada...

Where buyers in Canada are domestic for you but when someone from another country buys from you...you are charged that additional fee. Just an idea.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Talk about brutal... I made a rare sale of a high dollar item and all in, eBay ended up with about $650 out of a $2300 sale. I mean, I was aware of the percentages/fees, but boy does it hurt when you see that final tally on "paper". 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@bellefeuille1976 wrote:

Well sorty but non of these apply in this case and as for the promotion I’m pretty sure that gets settled at invoice time?? And wouldn’t just be added ?? 

@bellefeuille1976 

If memory serves it is shown as a separate line item in the Recent Activity report on the financial summary page.  If the amount you see is the % of ad rate you selected then that might explain the extra money they took.  I stopped using PLS late last year since they want too much for fees for anything to sell ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Taxes are not part of the seller's final value fee and should not be considered as such.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

yes i know this and didnt assume such as i can see the taxes coming off. Just figured the net proceeds/profit should match the final payout 😞 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply