cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay blocked payouts for 5 days to "evaluate" my account - said nothing caused it - was periodic!

Hi - My first forum post. Please let me hear from you if you can help. I got an email saying Ebay was blocking by payouts for 5 days to evaluate my account. I called thinking it was a phish and they said it was legit. That I did nothing wrong - nothing caused this to tick over in the metrics or sales - but that periodically and at certain benchmarks (which they did not note) that everyone's account is evaluated and blocking goes on for that week. I asked if nothing kicked out the evaluation, why wasn't I notified in advance of the block so I wouldn't flip out when they blocked it. They said, we should have, but we don't. I had a large sale in Europe with a shipping address noted for the US, but all that was discussed with an Ebay chat before I even did it so I would run into any issues. Honestly, am at a loss how after 22 years I can be treated like this. Hopefully, some high up supervisor is reading this and will reach out to me. But has anyone else had these periodic evaluations? Can anybody guess what's really up with this? Thanks for being there.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ebay blocked payouts for 5 days to "evaluate" my account - said nothing caused it - wa

I can't help, but what I can say is I have seen similar posts, and each time it was an 'unusually' high priced item that was sold that triggered the temporary hold. I don't think there is a set formula, but if your average sale is 500.00, and you sell an item for 5,000.00, that might wake up the bot for a visual exam......

I don't think it is anything to specifically worry about, but it is probably that.

"...but all that was discussed with an Ebay chat before I even did it so I would run into any issues..."

I have seen this statement from sellers, too.......

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Ebay blocked payouts for 5 days to "evaluate" my account - said nothing caused it - wa

Thanks for your note. What its going to take for Ebay to grow a heart and actually treat their selling partners like they care about them?

Love to hear from anyone else on the thread. It was very helpful hearing your take on it. I did sell more today than I have in about a year.  Only to be shut down for it? To whom does that make sense? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

This just happened to me, I am livid. No warning, no reason given. I have been a top rated seller for 18 years doing over 100K of business on the platform and then this. Wow, makes yo think twice about continuing on with this company

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I experienced the same issue over the weekend, but within 12 hours it seemed like everything was back to normal. Fast forward to today Wednesday and I was able to initiated an express Payout, but it was cancelled they returned all the money except the fees. Now I am **bleep** than they send me an email stating the payout did not go through and I can do another payout and guess what that also was cancelled and they kept the fees. I am on the phone with customer service right now. One thing I noticed is the sellers that have 15-20 years on the platform are all of a sudden experiencing not getting their payouts

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply