cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer dispute over a digital code

Hello, about a month ago I sold a few digital PlayStation codes to a few buyers. I verified all the codes worked and sent the codes via eBay messaging after the buyer paid. 

I made it very clear in the listing what I was seeking and that codes were digital.

Anyway it’s been almost 2 months now and all was fine. 

however, this morning I woke up to a few messages from eBay. 
1) Saying that the buyer had fraudulent activity on their account and the listing was cancelled though it was already paid for.

2) Saying the buyer has filed a payment dispute and doesn’t recognize the payment being made to me on there bank account.

I went to dispute the payment but I do not have proof of shipment as the code was sent digitally.

Is there another way I can prove I upheld my end of the bargain and sent the buyer this digital code. I still have all the eBay messages with them. 

I think it would be really unfair if I had to refund the buyer his money when I rightfully gave them the code.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Buyer dispute over a digital code

Go back through your deleted messages and find where you sent the code, screenshot it and send it to eBay.

Leave It To Me
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Those codes are not allowed to be sold on eBay, therefore you have no protection.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@luke_roz17 wrote:

Hello, about a month ago I sold a few digital PlayStation codes to a few buyers. I verified all the codes worked and sent the codes via eBay messaging after the buyer paid. 

I made it very clear in the listing what I was seeking and that codes were digital.

Anyway it’s been almost 2 months now and all was fine. 

however, this morning I woke up to a few messages from eBay. 
1) Saying that the buyer had fraudulent activity on their account and the listing was cancelled though it was already paid for.

2) Saying the buyer has filed a payment dispute and doesn’t recognize the payment being made to me on there bank account.

I went to dispute the payment but I do not have proof of shipment as the code was sent digitally.

Is there another way I can prove I upheld my end of the bargain and sent the buyer this digital code. I still have all the eBay messages with them. 

I think it would be really unfair if I had to refund the buyer his money when I rightfully gave them the code.

No proof of delivery: refund em and save your self the $20 it will cost you on top of what you will refund them.

Stop selling digitally delivered goods.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy... 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@luke_roz17 

Without tracking showing the item was delivered, not much you can do.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@casuallyattractive wrote:

Go back through your deleted messages and find where you sent the code, screenshot it and send it to eBay.

The OP is probably not approved to sell digital items, so Ebay won't do anything to help.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No, there’s no other way.

I believe those codes can only be listed in the classified ad section.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@casuallyattractive wrote:

@casuallyattractive 

This post is incorrect. Perhaps if you contacted the moderator, you could ask that it be deleted so the OP or others reading the thread for a solution will not be misled by misinformation.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Good point.

Thanks

Leave It To Me
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ebay does not offer seller protection for digital codes.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 10
latest reply