cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another payment hold question.

Been a member in good standing for 12 years or so.
My recent sale is on the 30 day no pay for the untrusted peasant list.

My question is this....

I made a sale on Dec 22.
Funds on hold till Jan 22.
I wish to list one more item today.

When this new item sells would I have to wait 30 days again or is Jan 22 the day I am deemed worthy again for all sales made in between the 30 day time frame.
Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gbm97 wrote:

When this new item sells would I have to wait 30 days again or is Jan 22 the day I am deemed worthy again for all sales made in between the 30 day time frame.

You will probably have a hold on funds for a little while until you get more sales under your belt. (That is recent sales - not counting any from a long time ago.) They will not necessarily be 30 days each time - I think that is the maximum but not the rule.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@gbm97 wrote:

You will probably have a hold on funds for a little while until you get more sales under your belt. (That is recent sales - not counting any from a long time ago.) They will not necessarily be 30 days each time - I think that is the maximum but not the rule.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I believe it takes more than Jan 22nd. Because it happened to me. Unless the eBay thinks its fine, they won't release funds until the said dates.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Ok thank you itsjustasprain

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you Rockstar!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks Adventurer!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Happy  to help ^^

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

List more items.  They should be inexpensive items and hopefully Ebay does not hold the funds too long. The more you sell, the faster you ship, the sooner ebay realizes that you are a trustworthy seller and they will release the funds sooner and eventually there will be no holds.   There could be an exception if you sell a pricey item in some high risk categories like jewelry, electronics, cell phones, etc.    For now, try to avoid selling those items here.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Love the "untrusted peasant list" reference!  I just found out I'm regarded the same way, long-time member having stopped selling when eBay did away with TurboLister.  Thought I'd sell a few items recently and the red banner came up, telling me to update the bank info they already have.  I did--at least I thought I did--about a week ago (+/-).  

The banner stayed up, stayed up, stayed up.  So, I went through the verification process again today--the bank thing, verifying it was me, and all that.  An additional, red banner popped up stating I have to wait another 48 hours before funds are released.  I called eBay and was told they just needed to make sure--like super-duper-triple-dipper-sure--it was me.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see;)

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I beat you, I have been on EBAY since 1998, always top rated.  Always delivered all my product on time but for 2 or 3  that were delayed a couple of extra days.  Only once did EBAY step in, when a customer didn't want to wait a few more days due to slow mail, to get her $5 refund. Thousands of happy customers. However my funds are on hold due to some UNKNOWN reason. Called many times but no one could explain why.  Have been on hold until ever package is delivered. They have been doing this since December 22 also. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply