cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTN EBAY CEO: POTENTIAL LAWSUIT? Credit card AGAIN not being accepted for payment at checkout.

ERROR MESSAGE AT CHECKOUT:

"We can't process your payment. Try again, or select a different payment method to check out."

Is EBAY looking for a class action law suit?  I am not a lawyer but if they deliberately block customers from making payments for items other than through their sister company, Paypal, than that is what they will eventually get (and deserve).  It is frustrating  enough that there is no viable auction alternative to EBAY. This is a spirit of non-competitiveness, and to me seems like a violation of anti-trust laws. Besides just that, from a strictly business point of view (from loss of revenue from lost sales) and from my personal experience of walking away from dozens of sales that I otherwise normally would have made on Ebay and eventually turning to Amazon, you would think that the CEO of EBAY would take notice.  Based on the hundreds of other Ebay customers who have the same complaint, this is obviously not a new complaint, as this has been going on for years with customers' credit card not being accepted for payment. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ATTN EBAY CEO: POTENTIAL LAWSUIT? Credit card AGAIN not being accepted for payment at checkout.

Paypal is no longer Ebays 'sister' company and hasnt been for years.You agreed not to sue Ebay when you signed on here, read the UA agreement.Why would Ebay block payments? Doesnt make sense, something must be wrong with your card.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have no trouble paying with a credit or debit card without PayPal here. There has to be another problem causing this. Is your credit card registered on eBay?

@icerocks wrote:

Is EBAY looking for a class action law suit?

You mean the thing you agreed not to do when you signed the binding user agreement?

I am not a lawyer

Yes, that's painfully obvious.

but if they deliberately block customers from making payments for items other than through their sister company, Paypal

The company they spun off 5 years ago, and are in the process of replacing with a different payment processor? Strange way to treat a "sister", LOL.

This is a spirit of non-competitiveness, and to me seems like a violation of anti-trust laws.

You really should have stopped at "I am not a lawyer". No reason to continue digging that hole.

Besides just that, from a strictly business point of view (from loss of revenue from lost sales) and from my personal experience of walking away from dozens of sales that I otherwise normally would have made on Ebay and eventually turning to Amazon, you would think that the CEO of EBAY would take notice.  Based on the hundreds of other Ebay customers who have the same complaint, this is obviously not a new complaint, as this has been going on for years with customers' credit card not being accepted for payment.

Web sites have glitches. CC companies have glitches. The bloody Internet has glitches. That doesn't mean there's a grand conspiracy to keep you from paying, and in the process, to keep eBay from making money. Get a grip. Cut the drama. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply