cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good experience with Ebay , got bank verified finally

After hours and hours entering my bank info and always hitting a dead end , I placed my name in for a call back for help .  l was called back within an hour , the customer service guy patiently walked me through the procedure to add my checking account and the  same dead end was always reached. He said a different person could help and he put my name on their list . He also said they are backlogged and it could be up to 2 weeks for someone to call me back . l did get that call today 8 days later  and after several different approaches to the bank info and verifying was able to get it fixed !!!  So there really are real people working at Ebay !    l am impressed with how professional these people were ,and very patient with me getting  my stuff together etc . Just wanted people to know my experience ! 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Good to hear of a positive outcome, but that barely overrides the fact that it took 8 days for MP to assist in resolving an issue with a changeover to something that you are being required to use.

Hopefully smooth sailing for you from this point on.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I too am VERY happy you were finally able to get your issues resolve.  But I still take real issue that it took you EIGHT days for a call back.  That is simply NOT acceptable when dealing with someone's money. 

Ebay is simply failing to provide proper customer service for MP issues and that needs to change now, not later.  If Ebay doesn't have enough trained staff to accommodate the number of sellers needing help, then they need to SLOW THEIR ROLL out of the program.  Stop onboarding sellers until the staff is available to service the sellers properly.

We are only asking for proper customers service.  That we pay for I might add.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I am glad it worked for you.  We have been on those phone calls multiple times and they always tell use everything  looks ok but they won't pay us and won't even let us use the money they owe us to make a buyer refund for buyer's remorse.  We have been selling on ebay for 3 years and this feels like we are being punished.  Maybe we need to ask for the person that finally fixed it for you.  Everyone we talk to says everything looks good.  If they can't see what is wrong, how do they expect us to fix it?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

did you record the steps that were needed to get it done? perhaps you could post the 'solution' for others to see.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I just want to thank you for taking the time to post something positive that you experienced here on eBay.  There were clear roadblocks you encountered, and you persevered. 

I  just want to say, there are not many places, if any, that are not experiencing issues. I am not excusing eBay, but I am saying that just about everyone and every business is going through some type of crazy.

I thank you again, it was nice to read someone that was not only patient but kind.

I hope your year is filled with all good things,

Grandma 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The EBay lady helping me did a lot of stuff “behind the scene “  , she said she was “going around the road block “ I kept running into .   So , sorry l can’t help you there , l just went through the steps that show up when you try to enter your banking information , and she stopped me a couple of times to do something to the program . One thing that I do remember doing different , l already had my checking acct listed as a payment source , and she had me delete it first and the add it back in as new . We also went through the accts tab not the email or red banners that tells you to upgrade.  She also said to go to the website , not using the ebay app .  Hopefully this will help someone else. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

::general reply::

I just can't wrap my brain around how some people have such a difficult time registering, and others just sail through. All I had to do was enter my SSN and routing and account numbers. That was it. All set, payments every week like clockwork, never taking more than 18 hours from start to finish.

Is it the difference in banks? Personal info not matching? I just don't get it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@judithh320 I'm glad it worked out for you, I am not as lucky. It's been 6 days for me so far, still waiting for final approval. I am fine with the transition to MP and anticipated the change over. I opened my checking account a week prior to registering. Still not approved six days after registering. I've contacted eBay via phone, chat, and email. Still not approved....

Today I drove to my bank and had them write out a letter acknowledging I am the person who opened this account and had it signed by the branch manager. This was asked of me by an eBay rep, I have it in writing. Came back, uploaded the letter and still waiting. I presume that letter will be rejected for one thing or another. 

What gets me most is that no one has an explanation for these delays with getting approved. They are the ones making us sign up, so why aren't they ready for us? What are WE doing wrong here? 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

If Ebay doesn't have enough trained staff to accommodate the number of sellers needing help, then they need to SLOW THEIR ROLL out of the program.  Stop onboarding sellers until the staff is available to service the sellers properly.

This right here....

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@lamber9347 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

If Ebay doesn't have enough trained staff to accommodate the number of sellers needing help, then they need to SLOW THEIR ROLL out of the program.  Stop onboarding sellers until the staff is available to service the sellers properly.

This right here....

"This right here..."     What does that mean?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@lamber9347 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

This right here....

Poster is agreeing with you😊

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@lamber9347 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

This right here....

Poster is agreeing with you😊

OK, I just didn't understand.  Thank you.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply