cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you know that you can set a preferred payment method for eBay to collect fees and selling costs that aren’t covered by your earnings? You can manage your payment methods on your desktop, as well as in the eBay mobile website and app by following the same steps.

Just navigate to the Payments section of your account tab in My eBay. The Payment options area provides you with an at-a-glance overview of any linked bank account, credit cards, and debit cards associated with your eBay account. If you select a payment method as preferred, we’ll attempt to charge that payment method first for selling costs before charging any other payment method on file. 

Changing your payment method on the desktop

If you’re on the desktop version of the eBay site, you can set your preferred payment method by navigating to My eBay, then selecting the Account tab, and then PaymentsYou can also hover over your username above the eBay logo in the upper left corner of your screen, then choose Account settings in the dropdown menu and then Payments.

Once you’re in the Payments section of My eBay you’ll see the following:

payments.png

You can then choose your preferred method for collecting selling costs collected from among the payment methods linked to your account, including your linked bank account, credit card, or debit card. Go ahead and select Manage in the box for your preferred payment method, and then click the Preferred for selling costs toggle.

Bank Method CCM.png

credit CCM.png

Updating your preferred payment method on a mobile device

You can also update your preferred payment method on the mobile eBay site by taking the steps below:

Click the Person icon in the top navigation. In the menu that appears, select Payments.

mobile menu.png

After selecting Payments you will be taken to a screen that’s similar to what is shown on the desktop eBay site. 

payment mobile.png

Here, you can set your preferred method to pay for selling costs, just like you would on the desktop.

bank mobile.png

cropped2.png

For more information on the topic, be sure to check out the Help Hub.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay,

The eBay team