cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i get an ebay store or keep my web site on utub i am developing??

What should i do ? I have had several items on ebay now and hardly any views or watchers after 2 months. Should i start a ebay store or start slow with the 250 a month limit for listings for now ?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Do not subscribe to a Store.

It will cost you $25 or so every month whether you sell anything or not.

Stores do not give you higher placement in Search.

And your 250 FREE listings on eBay are if nothing else good advertising for your website.

You might consider using Auctions, which are a little more popular for Collectibles than Fixed Price.

If you do, start the Auction at the price you would be content to get, and hope to get the price you would be happy to get.

Don't use AI to write your Descriptions. The one I read was repetitive,  uninformative and overly wordy.

Use more Item Specifics.

Use more Item Specifics.

Use more Item Specifics

Collectibles tend to be long-tail and slow moving.

You might try using Best Offer on the oldest ones or those that have Views.

You might try Promoted Listings (Standard and at the minimum 2% fee!)

Item Specifics are designed to be picked up by SEOs like Google. Use them.

Do you have a B&M shop? Put a picture of it in the listing. Makes you look more reliable.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is that something new? I never heard of Utub.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@vintagevoyager222 

What should i do ? I have had several items on ebay now and hardly any views or watchers after 2 months. Should i start a ebay store or start slow with the 250 a month limit for listings for now ?

Start slow.  Check the different store levels. When a paid store is saving you money because you need more included listings, get a store.  Get the store level needed based on how many included listings you need.

eBay won't allow you to use all your included listings just because you are paying for a store. Make sure your selling limit will not prevent you from using all your included listings BEFORE you get a store.

Selling limits | eBay

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I guess it depends on your expectations. If you are full of vigor and want to list 1000 items, having a store is not a bad idea and something to look into. You can always choose a month to month subscription and cancel if you decide if you think its not working for you. Cross listing is a great idea and don't limit yourself to 1 platform. Utube is a great way to build a following and well undervalued as a selling tool. If you are not sure, starting with the free 250 items is not a bad idea as other stated. You can do both (and other platforms) but keep in mind your time will be your most important asset that you can not get back.

-Good Luck

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You're right it makes a lot of sense not to use the AI description a lot of times I just copy paste the history of the product or item off of a website when I try to actually look it up or I can type in mine which would be a much more shorter less wordy like you said I can go in and revise mine because some of them have paragraphs of description dates and times and how it was made and who made it and blah blah blah probably too boring I have a website for my business and I know you only have about 5 to 7 seconds to impress someone or they jump off the site.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes the community was very helpful with their advice

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you I really appreciate the response and a completely makes sense to me being a newbie

Message 8 of 8
latest reply